Sellers Restricted Account

I got my account restricted on my account due to copyright issues. I was selling dropship items and some of the images were the problem. When I called eBay to ask them about it, I was told: "Normally we give a few warnings, but for you, we decided not to and just restrict your account". I had 99% positive feedback at the time, no late shipments, my account was great otherwise. I was upset, but thought, I can always go on other online platforms.

However, I come to find out I can NEVER close my account. I am also not a seller anymore and do not have seller rights. Which means, the buyer gets a refund, no matter what. Even if I have proof that the item was delivered, that the buyer made an error, etc. Now I am livid. I feel like eBay tossed me in the garbage and is screwing me now. I have always done my best to be a great seller and took pride in it. I don't know if there is any advise anyone can give me? Also looking to see who else might be experiencing similar problems with eBay.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Sellers Restricted Account

" I had 99% positive feedback at the time, no late shipments, my account was great otherwise."

I count 27 negative feedback in the last six months.

Nothing great about that.

" I can always go on other online platforms."

Good luck with that.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Unfortunately in a dispute, there's always that grey area in between.

As well as the copyright infringement issues, you might want to start working on what led to this:

11.png

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@digitaltech101 wrote:

....  I come to find out I can NEVER close my account. I am also not a seller anymore and do not have seller rights. Which means, the buyer gets a refund, no matter what. Even if I have proof that the item was delivered, that the buyer made an error, etc. ...

You can't close a selling account until after all your buyer's protections have expired.

At a minimum, 180 days after your last sale.

-..-

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

To be fair and honest, I don't think copyright issues we're your only issue.

Based on some of the feedback there may have been other policies that you err'd.

Not judging, but when you have that many angry customers and eBay is left picking up the pieces, you may have triggered a failsafe and you were given the boot.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It's about the percentage. Every time I talked to eBay they told me I was doing great and that I am one of the rare 99% sellers. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Every time I talked to eBay they said I was doing great as a seller. Once my seller abilities were squashed, I called eBay several times. Every single person I talked to about it said that it was only due to copyright issues. I talked a lot to find out any additional information that may have been the cause for this.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

They told me I can never close it ever in the future. Maybe I'll try again. Thanks.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Like I said to a few other members; They always told me I was doing great and when the account was restricted. I called many times with always the answer only being copyright issues. I dug pretty hard into it. I always want to take responsibility for my actions and do a better job then the day before. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

• Many negative and neutral FB usually mean there are also Defects for other transactions.
  • Sellers can close their accounts, but they remain active for at least 180 days to resolve outstanding problems, like the ones that led to negs and neutrals.
  • Customer Service wants to get you off the phone.
  • 99% is an adequate rating, but normal is 100%. Anything below 99% is poor. Below 98% is awful. Most sellers have 100% positive feedback.
  • That being said, eBay does not use feedback to assess seller accounts.
  • Dropshipping is a mug's game. You have no control over quality, packaging, shipping or inventory. And you get the blame when your supplier messes up.

Look at your Seller Dashboard. If you have more than two Defects, that is why your selling account was closed.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946Curious where you got this info?

It's interesting that I've only talked to managers when addressing this issue. Yet users on eBay are all telling me that it doesn't have to do with copyright issues.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I've been on eBay, with various IDs, seven at the moment, since 1998.

I've been selling by mail order since 1978 or so, everything from cast iron wood stoves to rare postage stamps.

Most of the sellers giving you advice have been with eBay longer than any staffer. Most have made more transactions than any staffer.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply