Shipping Supplies

Can anyone recommend a company that sells shipping supplies at reasonable prices -- bubble & poly envelopes, bubble wrap, small boxes, etc.  I checked the ULine catalogue but I'm hoping that I can find something a bit cheaper.  I got my last big order from ChitChats Express but they no longer ship supplies; it's pick-up only. 😞

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Shipping Supplies

Thanks I*m-still-here.  TopSource Supplies did have the Kraft bubble envelopes for a good price but I prefer the white poly ones.  However, they're very limited in the supplies they carry.

I do get tissue paper at the dollar store.  Their padded envelopes are not as sturdy as I would like.  And as far as boxes go, because I sell cosmetics, costume jewellery, tote bags, etc., I like to pack them in nice boxes that don't say Deodorant or Ivory Soap on them.  I'm pretty fussy about the way I package.  I always include a gift with every purchase and I have found some cool things at Dollarama.

Thanks again.

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

I would like to find a source for boxes that size as well.

That's the gap I have too.

Most boxes that size are just too expensive to make sense, and cutting liquor store boxes down takes too much time.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

I've ordered from a company in BC that has reasonable prices for poly bubble mailers.   canadamailers dot ca

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

I buy my poly mailers from poly_usa right here on eBay.  Great service, usually get them in a week.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

I buy sheet cardboard from a box company and make my own boxes. Bubble mailers are not cheap, but, super easy to use. I buy industrial grade plastic cling wrap by the roll at Rona. for bubble wrap there is a guy who advertises on Kijiji working out of his garage.

For bubble mailers, I wrap the part in the plastic first, then fold an invoice over that. Zero problems. I am convinced bubble mailers get through the mail faster as they are easier for the posties to grab.

For boxes I have not found anywhere cheaper than uline and their shipping doubles the cost. Still cheaper than local.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

For over ten years, I have been using Staples Industrial (formerly Chiswick Packaging).

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Thanks everyone.  I now have some options 🙂

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

If you have a Office Supply Store near you go and talk to them to see if they would give discounts if you buy in quantity monthly, yearly etc

I deal with a place here that gives me discounts on bubble envelopes  I use alot of them over a year period

About 7 years ago I approached them about buying these envelopes in quantity over a year period  I told them approx how many I would need each year and how many I would purchase about  every  4 to 6 weeks from them

They gave me a great discount on these  This is the same rate they charge their larger customers, IE:  larger industries and businesses  in the city I get these for a rate I cannot get anywhere else

I don't get discounts on other items but their retail rates for other things are quite reasonable.  

Totaling  everthing I buy them from them yearly with the savings I get from the envelopes reduces my costs overall and I get everthing at a reduced rate when combined 

They may or may not but can't hurt to ask   

weavers

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Checked them out but no listings on their eBay site or their store.    😐

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Staples Industrial (formerly Chiswick Packaging of Midland) is a division of Staples, the largest retailer/wholesaler of office supplies in North America.  They do not have a store but sell from their website, their printed catalogue and their toll-free telephone line.

They do not sell on eBay.

For example, a box of 250 Pull-tape Bubble Mailers #0 (outside dimension 6"x10") sells for $ 51.60 ($0.21 each)

Corrugated boxes are sold in bundles of 25.  A size I have used regularly is 14" x 12" x 6".  A bundle costs $ 18.99 ($0.76 each)

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

tobyshitzu
Community Member

uline is $45 for 250 #0.  Though in 2013 staples still hasn't managed to have a shipping calculator Im pretty certain they will end up higher

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

The thing with Staples Industrial, they often offer $40.00 OFF or $100.00 OFF on larger orders.

I have regularly taken advantage of these disounts, reducing my bill by 20% or 25%.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Boxes - there are three drug store in town that throw thier boxes in a bin. They are all shapes and sizes and most do not have to be turned inside out. I check about once week or so and fill up my SUV.

I buy a bag of styrofoam peanuts for $25.00 from a local industrial supplier - I would estimate the amount at close to 2 square yards - the bag is six feet high. This is enough for darn near a whole year.

Good packing tape - Costco is the cheapest at about $8.00 for a package of 12  and there is a lot on each roll.

I also buy 1"x8'x4' board Styrofoam for packing at Home Depot - this is for specialty packing only.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

I use dollarama for all my envelopes etc..

I use their recycling dumpster for all my box needs 😉

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

uline is $45 for 250 #0.  Though in 2013 staples still hasn't managed to have a shipping calculator Im pretty certain they will end up higher

Toby is that taxes/shipping included?

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

tobyshitzu
Community Member

No, just the envelope price to compare to staples site.  Its about $16 to ship to me (im close) 1 case at a time

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

kayjay_treasures, if you're talking about poly_usa, I checked them out too -- no listings because they're on vacation until April 3rd.  From their feedback, it looks as though they sell the poly flat envelopes, but not the bubble ones.

"uline is $45 for 250 #0"

I noticed that too but don't know what their shipping is.

Also, I checked Canada Mailers -- $55.87 for 250 (white poly bubble).

Not a bad price for corrugated boxes at Staples Industrial.

It would be nice to get everything from one place -- cheaper shipping than buying from 2 or 3 different suppliers. 

I never thought of negotiating with office supply stores.  Good idea.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Uline uses UPS. The farther you are from Mississauga, the more it is.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Shipping Supplies

Uline uses UPS. The farther you are from Mississauga, the more it is.

I'm in Ingersoll, so almost 2 hrs down the 401...I wonder what it would be for me?

Message 20 of 33
latest reply