Shipping and tracking numbers

I notice that when I print out a PayPal label - the shipped box and the tracking number automatically shows up on the sold  listing information.

However, about every sixth or seventh time, it does not appear and I have to go in and click the shipped button and manually input the tracking number.

Anyone know why?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping and tracking numbers

No idea I'm afraid, but it's been happening to me too, twice now with Tracked Packet.  Expedited and Xpresspost haven't been a problem. 

However, a related issue I noticed the other day is that the "shipped" icon did not show up on my Sold Items list next to an item for which I processed a Light Packet label.  Now I do realize that the confirmation # itself isn't uploaded for Light/Small Packet, but I'm sure that the "shipped" icon was always uploaded to the item. 

In another rather weird situation that may or may not be related to the above, a buyer purchased one item, paid for it (including full shipping), then purchased 3 additional items.  I decided to give her a break on the shipping when I sent the invoice, and refunded over 50% of the shipping she paid on the initial item.  Four days later, I noticed on my Summary page that it indicated one item was still awaiting payment -- what!?   Sure enough, somehow the item I had partially refunded was now showing as unpaid on my "Sold Items" list.  I can only hope the buyer wasn't getting annoying reminders for payment!

In all of the above instances I had to input the information manually.  Now I am double-checking every sold item to be sure the details are there once I've processed and shipped them. 

As usual, I suspect things are going on in the background that are causing glitches like this.  Nothing to be done but to be vigilant.  I just wish eBay would stop all new changes and concentrate for a few weeks on making the site consistently reliable.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply