Shipping calculator problem

penlen
Community Member

I called eBay for help but unfortunately it is eBay USA and they know nothing about eBay Canada shipping calculator. The girl said they have had a couple of calls about the same thing. She was going to talk to the IT department and get back to me, that never happened. I have been listing for 17 years on eBay so I am not a newbie at this. I have not listed anything in the last 6 months. I just started to list things again and this problem has just popped up.

Problem.... when I use any type of calculated international shipping (i.e. small packet international, express post international etc.)  It stops all USA calculated shipping prices from working along with the calculated international shipping prices. It says to contact the seller.  When I delete the international shipping options I can get the USA shipping calculator to work. If I delete all USA calculated shipping options and leave only calculated international options the calculator does not work. There seems to be a problem with the international part of the calculator.  I have tried different package sizes weights and nothing works. This problem with the international calculator does not affect the Canadian calculator.  Does anyone have the same problem? Did eBay change something?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately, this bug is well-known and much discussed here. Please add your voice to the Weekly Chat with ebay staff at https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/February-14th-2018-Weekly-Session/m-p/394115#M6360 ... enjoy some light reading on one of the many other threads about it here https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Ebay-ca-is-presently-telling-all-potential-international-bu...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As momcqueen stated this calculator malfunction has been ongoing for some time... ebay doesn't seem inclined to fix the problem. Definitely not a satisfactory state of affairs!

The best workaround option is to use flat rate shipping and exclude all but Canadian and USA buyers. Beyond that possibly add a flat rate for U.K., Germany, Australia etc. A major screw-up on ebay's part...I'd be even more upset if I had a store subscription.

Edited to add.... At least the red error message in heavy bold text has disappeared now but so have all shipping quotes too. Momcqueen states that the shipping rates appear if the Item is added to the customer's cart. My experience was not many would bother doing so... poor sales on calculated shipping items since this problem surfaced last November.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are choosing USA as one shipping option.

Are you choosing North and South America as another shipping option?

Don't.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply