Shipping rate calculator not working for ebay.ca

There seems to be a site issue presently on ebay.ca

The result being that if you have a listing on ebay.ca, either auction or Good Till Cancelled, the rate calculator will only work for potential bidders with a Canadian address.

All others will not get the mail rate they should.   My potential US bidders have reported a statement saying I "will not ship to their address".    Others have reported a message that says "Read item description or contact seller for shipping options."

Either case, sabotages auctions, and reduces Buy-It-Now offers.

Ebay's advice to me was to end all my ebay.ca auctions and relist on ebay.com

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Shipping rate calculator not working for ebay.ca

Yes, although I'm not sure that starting a new thread helps, it may further confuse other sellers coming here to look for advice. Maybe you could tag your first one to make it easier to find instead? 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I sold 3 coins to a U.S. buyer this morning.

Combined shipping was calculated at the Canada rate for the 2 additional items, not the rate for U.S. as entered in my Business policies.

This is not an issue until weight increases with larger orders.

Nonetheless it is incorrect.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

wrote:

Ebay's advice to me was to end all my ebay.ca auctions and relist on ebay.com

Good grief, this response is so typical of eBay that it would be laughable if not so pathetic.  Don't look into the problem, or even offer any assurance of when it might be looked into, just send the seller somewhere else.

The way I see it, we sellers are paying for a service.  Any other service provider with this level of overall dysfunction (because it isn't just this particular problem) would be dumped en masse by its customers.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

As of Friday 10:36am PST, the problem is still there.

I ship internationally using the following (except when the item exceeds the allowable size or weight of a given method).

Canadapost

Expedited mail (to the US)

Xpresspost (to the US)

Xpresspost International (everywhere on the Planet it goes)

Air Parcel (everywhere on the Planet it goes)

Tracked packet (to the US)

Tracked packet international (everywhere on the Planet it goes)

The above options are on all my listings, expect where they don't apply because the package is too large, too heavy, or in the case of the US, the final value will exceed C$750 so a signature is required (then I can't use expedited mail to the US).

With all these mail options on my ebay.ca listings, none are showing on ebay to international buyers.    Instead international buyers get the message stated in the message at the start of this thread.

Meanwhile, everything is normal if you look at the listings using a Canadian address.    ie, until I changed the ship to location to somewhere outside of Canada, I had no idea of this problem.

I have two different ebay accounts, and both have the same problem.

If you are on ebay.ca, and are using the ebay rate calculator, and are using one or more of the above shipping options, then you probably have the same problem.

ps, when ebay tells you to stop using ebay.ca and go to ebay.com, I take that very seriously, given that ebay has spent so much time previously telling us Canadian's that we are better off on ebay.ca than ebay.com!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I cannot believe eBay responded to you this way.

Its honestly the easiest fix... Canada Post has minimum shipping size requirements.

Canada Post Minimum Dimensions
Expedited Parcel within Canada - 10cm x 7cm x 1 mm 4"x2.8"
Expedited USA - 21 x 14 x 0.5 CM. 8.25x5.5"
Xpresspost USA - 21 x14 x 1 cm 8.25x5.5"
Small packet air U.S. & International - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm 5.5x3.5"
Tracked Packet USA & International - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm 5.5x3.5"

Update your dimensions in your listings and magically you’ll have proper shipping details for the USA.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from 2018

Message 7 of 7
latest reply