Shipping

Hi all, I have a question? I live in Canada and sold at item to someone in the USA ($137 with shipping). I SHIPPED it the same day to his Paypal address as I am supposed to do, I also uploaded Tracking info to eBay on the same day May 29th. On April 12 he contacted eBay  and said he is moving and wants a refund because the item hasn’t showed up yet. eBay refunds him! (Not joking).  I appealed and eBay said because there was no movement in the tracking number for 10 straight days the buyer gets refunded, then they said the case is closed. So today I look at the tracking number and the item was delivered this morning! Can someone please tell me how this isn't criminal? So Because someone decided to move they automatically get a refund? In what word is this my fault? I have screen shots of everything so I can prove every word of what I’m saying is accurate.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shipping

For now, you might want to change your shipping options to the US. Tracked Packet gives an eta of 6-9 business days including your handling time.   Since tracked packet prices are based on weight not distance, its easy to use a flat rate for the US so you could use economy international shipping which would give you an eta of 13 - 37 business days or standard international shipping - 7 - 12 business days. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Shipping

This is unfair! You can appeal to an ebay manager, even your case is closed. Have a good luck!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

tyler@ebay

This sounds crazy. I hope Tyler can help you out.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

Did you mean to type that you mailed it on March 29th?

If so, the estimated delivery date for that would have been for somewhere around April 6-12th so ebay allows the buyer to open an item not received case at that time. I don't think that it was right for the buyer do open a case so soon because  mail service is slower right now but ebay's Money Back Guarantee allows them to do so.

You could contact the buyer and let them know that since the item has been delivered, you are sending an invoice to the buyer through Paypal. eBay can't force them to pay but it can't hurt to try.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

For now, you might want to change your shipping options to the US. Tracked Packet gives an eta of 6-9 business days including your handling time.   Since tracked packet prices are based on weight not distance, its easy to use a flat rate for the US so you could use economy international shipping which would give you an eta of 13 - 37 business days or standard international shipping - 7 - 12 business days. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

Thanks for the tag @zee-chan - I've passed this on to the appropriate teams to review. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

sha761855
Community Member

That's why I hesitate to use eBay, because of customers like that!!

Bummer

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

ZOMBIE thread from 2020 during the early days of the pandemic shipping meltdown.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Shipping

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 9 of 9
latest reply