So Many Listings with No Views

As I was relisting some items tonight, I noticed that about 50 to 60% of my items had 0 views in the last 30 days.  I find this shocking.  These are popular brands that usually receive a lot of views in any given month .... of course, only a few result in sales.  On the other hand, some of my items received 100+ views.

My sales have been poor during the last two months, so I expect that my listings would drop in search, but not become totally invisible.  But maybe I have so few sales because they hadn't shown up in search for some time.  I usually check to see how many views an item has received when I re-list and I'm sure I would have noticed 0 views on so many items.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: So Many Listings with No Views

Hmm... see what you're saying, that really makes no sense.
Occasionally, I dabble in the vintage camera category so I thought I'd see how this grouping worked there... searched ebay.ca for 'used leica lens' which yielded a different twist on grouping. The search listed 7,656 items as normal but the Group / Ungroup link DID appear, it had defaulted to Ungrouped, I had to actively choose to Group Similar Listings... doing so shortened the list to 277 of which many were not Leica.

If ebay is going to do this they should have searches default to Ungrouped ... let the shopper actively choose to group.
Message 41 of 52
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/2018-Spring-Seller-Update/ba-p/395425

It's right at the top under Announcements. Maybe the new format makes it harder to find if you don't yet know where to look, it appeared yesterday afternoon, or late morning. 

Thanks very much for the link.  I feel like I'm becoming demented -- I've looked and peered and squinted all over the place and could find it nowhere on the old "Announcements" board (you know, the orange one), nor could I see anything saying "Announcements" at the top of the new eBay Canada Community page.  Maybe you have a different view if you're on mobile?  I did finally manage to locate the link  to the 2018 Spring Update under "Seller News" at top left of the new Community page, buried near the bottom of a bunch of other garbage stuff.  

Anyway, now that I can get to the Update, I suppose I'll need anti-depression medication. 

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

If you have any questions, there is a thread on the sellers update board....you might know that already but thought I would mention it in case you don't.

I didn't see anything in ebay messages about the update but I did receive a notice about it and a link in my regular email.

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

Just curious. Are other Canadian sellers still seeing a slowdown in their business as of late? My business was steady before Feb 20. After that is has reduced to a crawl. 3  very small sales...all to Canadian customers. Is it a blip or is it to do with the recent changes connected to searching  grouped similar listings?

-CM

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

We noticed this week that many of the items in our store have 0000 views on the counter. A couple even have -00001. Based on that, I am assuming it is a technical glitch. But at the same time, our sales fell off the face of the earth early this week. Was steady and good for the last few months. As of Tuesday-nothing. Which is unusual for this time of the year.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply

My sales were steady all through the Calculated Shipping debacle and THEN they died a sudden and unspectacular death once it was fixed. Go figure.
Message 46 of 52
latest reply

My sales dropped off a cliff after Valentine's day. I also noticed that total impressions were down to roughly half where they usually were. As of today, the dashboard says my sales are down 64%. I've also noticed that the total impressions graph seems to have stopped updating past 2/26. Anyone else having this problem?

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out if there is a problem with the listings, and changing some of them, adjusting prices, etc, but nothing seems to be generating any sales. 

At first I thought this might have been related to people spending their whole paychecks on Valentine's Day, but most in the US would have been paid this week, and I still haven't seen any new sales. 

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Your store seens empty, i searched and nothing appears

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

The poster you are replying to has 1100+ listings up..you should be able to see them. If you meant to reply to caspianpearl,  she doesn't ship to Portugal so you wouldn't be able to see her listings.

Or..if it was equid you meant, I don't see any listings for them either but that is because they list on .com and only ship to the US. This is the Canadian site.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

In the last 2months my views have declined. I see same item with 25watchers I can't get 3views I do not understand
Message 50 of 52
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from 2018.

How to start a new thread (old threads often have out-of-date info):

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/11002/choose-node/true

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Same problem here. I call for support they are completely useless. I give up on ebay just selling locally or not at all.

Message 52 of 52
latest reply