Special Promotion fee? Managed Payments

Just joined Managed Payments today. Does anyone know what the Special Promotion is? and is there a fixed % for that? My fees should be $6.33 -11.5% = 0.73 for this part of the transaction but then i get this discount?

Fees based on: C $6.33

Final Value Fee
-C $0.66
Variable percentage Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop category
Rate for C $0.00 - C $2,500.00
11.5%
Special Promotion
C $0.07
Item fee total
-C $0.66

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @regs43 - are you a Top Rated Plus seller? The amount of the discount and the fee seems like it's a 10% discount on fees. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It is just started today with managed payment, and all my today's sales are on hold !!!  I never got holds on my transaction even though on cases and disputes, after 14 years of dispute.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I am top rated, thanks that makes sense!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for clarifying @regs43 - I'm going to make the suggestion that we make a distinction in that line for the Top Rated discount. I can see from a 'streamline' perspective wanting to just call everything a promotion, but it's definitely confusing. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think that would be helpful. If it said soemthing about top rated 10% discount it would have clicked in right away, but "special promotion" does nothing but make me try and read the articles in the infromation circle associated with that section of the fees (which were useless).

Is there an article or page where the top rated 10% discount is even outline anymore? I havent been able to find one for a while (I was looking recently when they mentioned retiring power sellers)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@regs43 - nothing outlined directly per se, mostly because on eBay Canada you either can qualify in the .com program or the 'global' program. This is the most we have published that I can find (link here). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply