Spring Store Fees Update. The Fun Just Never Ends

"There is no change to Premium and Anchor Store subscriptions on eBay.com, and no change for any Store subscription level on eBay.ca. When the new Store subscriptions are introduced on eBay.ca later in 2018, there may be an associated fee update at that time. We’ll share more information once details are finalized."

Taking bets now on the "may  be."    The 30 some odd percent raise in the Anchor store just a year or two ago was apparently not enough.   Can you say  "Breaking Point?"

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

.com allows cancellation or downgrade in May without the early cancellation fee, will .ca do the same?

Also,

More micromanaging with this stuff they will hit you with.

• Gauge your pricing: You'll be able to price for success by comparing your item to similar items sold within the past 90 days.
  • Best Offer: To attract more buyers, the option to add Best Offer may be added to listings that are priced higher than market value, or those that don't sell quickly. You can set a threshold to automatically decline low offers, or remove Best Offer altogether.
  • Duration: Auction-style listings will now default to 7 days, and fixed price listings to Good 'Til Cancelled, with no added fees.
  • Smart scheduling: We'll set the best time for your auction listing to go live.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@dutchman48wrote:

.com allows cancellation or downgrade in May without the early cancellation fee, will .ca do the same?

Also,

More micromanaging with this stuff they will hit you with.

• Gauge your pricing: You'll be able to price for success by comparing your item to similar items sold within the past 90 days.
  • Best Offer: To attract more buyers, the option to add Best Offer may be added to listings that are priced higher than market value, or those that don't sell quickly. You can set a threshold to automatically decline low offers, or remove Best Offer altogether.
  • Duration: Auction-style listings will now default to 7 days, and fixed price listings to Good 'Til Cancelled, with no added fees.
  • Smart scheduling: We'll set the best time for your auction listing to go live.

Personally I don't see these things as bad..... I would be interested to see what the smart scheduling does, and the others sound interesting too.... whether or not they'll apply or work in my world will be interesting to see, likely not but one never knows!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you have ever been hit with the GTC listings listing twice in the same month or trying to edit GTC listings, You will see where I am coming from.

I list 30 day for a reason and Ebay should respect that since I am paying for the privilege of listing my items, not paying for Ebay to do it as they see fit.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Other than not catching the Good Til Cancelled Listings that I did not want to auto-relist, my experience with the GTC  was simply that they were not a good fit for my online selling practices  as I list items when I want them listed -  to align with other things going in in my life. Same goes with 30 day listings, 10 day listings, 7 day listings. I want to be able to control when my listings go live and for how long they are available, as well as the ability to control when I I don't want any items listed at all. (Hence, one of the many reasons I do not have a store on eBay.)

I also do not need eBay managing my listings with their "We'll set the best time for your auction listing to go live."

The only time I ever use auctions is when there is a free listing promo that gives no choice but auction format.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I already do most of what this lists. I want more listings for my level of subscription.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mrdutch1001wrote:

Other than not catching the Good Til Cancelled Listings that I did not want to auto-relist, my experience with the GTC  was simply that they were not a good fit for my online selling practices  as I list items when I want them listed -  to align with other things going in in my life. Same goes with 30 day listings, 10 day listings, 7 day listings. I want to be able to control when my listings go live and for how long they are available, as well as the ability to control when I I don't want any items listed at all. (Hence, one of the many reasons I do not have a store on eBay.)

I also do not need eBay managing my listings with their "We'll set the best time for your auction listing to go live."

The only time I ever use auctions is when there is a free listing promo that gives no choice but auction format.

As a note, Ebay isn't deciding when to list your listings, one of the new options with a scheduled listing is that you can use smart scheduling instead of picking the time yourself scheduling.

All of the old options are there, the defaults are changing but I haven't seen anything saying anything is being taken away. 

GTC listings are awesome for me, I can list them and put my store on (hidden) vacation whenever I want. I have GTC listings that have been running for 8 years or so now! (awaiting just the right buyer to come along!)

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I really see nothing in the Spring Seller Update that will impact me to any degree, if at all. I am no longer a Top Rated Seller(lost that already due to insufficient sales on eBay), and a large percentage of what I do list(and I list very little on dotCOM) will be affected by any of these updates. I am glad though that I do have other selling alternatives and don't have to rely &/or be overly active on eBay anymore if I so choose...

Message 8 of 8
latest reply