Suspicious Email, buyer requesting refund

So I sold 3 items back in August 2020 to someone in Australia. I sent the items small packet air no tracking to australia to save on money which the buyer was fine about. 4 months later, the buyer messages me requesting a refund and says they haven't received their item. I tell them there's nothing I can do because it was more than 30 days past expected delivery, she gets increasingly upset and says she has already been told by ebay that they will contact me for the refund and she will get my account restricted. I remember that a week ago i got an email claiming to be from ebay, it contained links to the item numbers and also was available through ebay messages so it looked real but there's typos in it and it's formatted not like ebay with no background image or logo, just text here it is:

"Your help is Needed 

Hi Saskia,

Good day!

We received a communication from your buyer complaint that she didn't receive the orders below. With that, we encourage you to communicate with the buyer toi verify if there's something that you can help to sort the matter out.

eBay"

Is this really from ebay? Why hasn't ebay opened a claim and stepped in like they usually do? Do buyers have longer time to file claims in australia? Any help appreciated, right now I'm not refunding. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Suspicious Email, buyer requesting refund

mcrlmn
Community Member

@saspat-82 wrote:

Is this really from ebay? Why hasn't ebay opened a claim and stepped in like they usually do?

No, it isn't legitimate.

Ignore it and move on.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply