Tangerine Not Supported Error

Yesterday, which was Tuesday, I was expecting to receive the routine "we sent your payout" email. Didn't happen, what they did send me though was an "unable to verify account details" no payout for you kind of blurb.

Upon checking out their resolution process they offered three options.
1. Login to bank account
2. Micro deposits or
3. Forward an account statement, it was stated this option may take several weeks to be reviewed.

Option 1 seemed the obvious choice so I did that. I was presented with a list of banks, scrolled down and selected Tangerine. The first two login steps went perfectly, the third and final step did not. In place of a successful login I got the "unsupported bank" error.

So, now I'm giving option 2 a shot, I've requested the micro deposits.

If those deposits don't arrive I'll not bother with option 3.

Until now, they've sent a payout to my Tangerine account every Tuesday since April of 2021. Ķind of disappointing.
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Tangerine Not Supported Error

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Brand new customers would have no cheque books to use for reference, it takes quite a lot of time to have cheques mailed out. Where are these folks going to confirm such an important bit of information as the correct transit number for their accounts? I suspect more than a few have asked their favourite search engine. That would not have been the most reliable source available.

I believe you can view a void cheque when you're logged in your account. At least I can, but I would assume new customers would be able to as well since they would have that information assigned to them already.

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

@dark2025
That was quite a chat, after reading everything the CS agent said, I don't think he offered any actions that could be seen as constructive in terms of solving your problem.

As far as the reliability of Tangerine is concerned, if the bank cannot be supported how is it that ebay had no trouble transferring .02 and .03 cent deposits into my account, then shortly afterwards managed to debit .05 from the account. This is the same entity that has debited my account on numerous occasions to settle label purchases and subscription fee shortfalls.

May I ask what transit number you used?
Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Mine is 00152. I think I might also call Tangerine to see if they know anything about this.

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

That is your branch number, and is the standard one in use. Insert Tangerine's institution (614) number in front of that and add your account number on the end, thiis is the info payments needs. Without those three pieces payments will not be able to verify the account. I don't recall needing to add any extra zero in front but I'd need to check the website to be certain.
Message 44 of 62
latest reply

If you logon to Tangerine, search the help files for "transit", all the info you would ever need to know about your transit number is supplied there.
Message 45 of 62
latest reply

Oh right sorry it's 614. I had the numbers mixed up.

Message 46 of 62
latest reply

Sorry I looked again. I was right the first time. Transit Number 00152, Bank Number 614.

And yes, you do need it as 00152 and not just 152. Not really sure why you're asking because I've tried it who knows how many times now. Doesn't work.

Message 47 of 62
latest reply

Tried calling again. Spent 20 minutes with a supervisor and they hung up on me. I wasn't rude or anything. They just refused to give me a realistic solution other than open a new bank account. This is BS.

Message 48 of 62
latest reply

I called again and talked to another supervisor... seems like he did... something... will be calling me back in the next day or so, so we'll see if it worked.

Message 49 of 62
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Who are you calling? The contracted CSRs who follow scripts?
Message 50 of 62
latest reply

I spoke with their supervisors. Anyway seems like the second supervisor I spoke with did something on the back end / contacted some other team and allowed me to add my bank finally.

Message 51 of 62
latest reply

So you were able to add your Tangerine account?

Message 52 of 62
latest reply

Yes.

Message 53 of 62
latest reply

Awesome! So there is hope for people that are having a problem but it shouldn't be so much work and I don't understand why it is.

Message 54 of 62
latest reply

Super, it's great you've at last been able to submit your banking info. Hopefully the verification process goes smoothly and successfully from here on out. The biggest complaint I see with eBay Payments is that when users experience problems with it there doesn't seem to be any way to contact that department for help.
Message 55 of 62
latest reply

It went through - I was basically paid like the day after. There is hope! Call in, talk to supervisors, be persistent and firm, keep calling back.

Message 56 of 62
latest reply

I tried to contact the customer service via chat now. Seems like there is a work around however it does not work for me as it requires Canadian visa / master card (I only have Amex)...I was given a contact number to call and will try that in 48 hours.

Message 57 of 62
latest reply

do you have the phone number still?
i have the same issue

Message 58 of 62
latest reply

@laurensimar0 

Stay away from the phones. They seem to be undertrained and have little authority.

Use one of the social media chats.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that mean giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 59 of 62
latest reply

I just wanted to add that I had the same "we do not support this bank" error trying to add my tangerine, and I contacted ebay support through their text chat as told in the previous post and they seems to have fixed my issue. The agent I spoke to told me there was a block on "my bank" which i'm guessing is Tangerine. He said he escalated the issue up and asked for an unblock, and said in 24h i should be able to add my tangerine account to my ebay. Fingers crossed!

Message 60 of 62
latest reply