They've done it again.....another bad change

On the listing page for each item, they've moved the seller's name and feedback score from the top right to the middle of the page, right under the item title.  Not a big deal but it does clutter up the listing a bit.

The big problem is that now, there is NO LINK to the seller's other items.  Nada.  And when you click on the seller's feedback score, noting happens, it's no longer a link.

In order to see the seller's other items now, you have to click on the underlined portion with the seller's feedback score (eg '100% Positive Feedback"), which scoots you to the bottom of the page and then on the right there is another link you click on to see other items.  So there's a link there but how many people will find it?  Especially buyers accustomed to the old simple system with the link right there at the top right of the page.  This is in no way a positive change and it some ways a poor change.  Who approves these ideas??

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

First noticed this about a week ago...and like most changes on eBay, it's an unecessary change ...as is eBay's reputatiom...a change for the sake of change...and I'm adapting to it...

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

...had not even noticed, just eBay, being well, ebay.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If you are still seeing no seller info or link to the seller's other items on a listing, try holding down your shift key and refreshing the page.

There was a thread about this on the US community site, and it appears that at least some of the users experiencing this problem are now seeing the old, correct page format again.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes, looks like another glitch. I can use the link to see seller's other items on both my desktop and phone no problem here.

Also, the seller name and feedback still shows on the right side (same as before) on my desktop but has changed on my phone and is right under the heading as you say.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The new format has gone live on my phone, but not my desktop.  It looks pretty good on my phone and I think it underscores that a human being is selling the item, not eBay.  The link to "seller's other items" is about two-thirds of the way down with "seller information" and works just fine for me.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

so this isn't a glitch or is it?  I think it's the beginning of a rollout of a slightly new look for the listing page.   My main concern is buyers not being able to find the 'see sellers other items' link.   It's not only important for multiple sales but sales period.  

What i see on my desktop is the link to other items is now  way down at the bottom of the page.....way lower down than anyone would normally scroll when viewing the listing.  It can easily be overlooked by a buyer.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

So you aren't seeing this just to the right of the buy it now button?

Seller information

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I don't see any change in the listings that about Other Listings.

The Feedback page has changed, that happened a couple of weeks ago.

FWIW, I have a pretty low opinion of the usefulness of FB with the possible exception of the FB Left for Others by potential customers.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I’ve been getting both the new version of the feedback page and the “classic” one for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea what triggers one version to come up rather than the other.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
I’ve been getting both the new version of the feedback page and the “classic” one for the past couple of weeks. I have no idea what triggers one version to come up rather than the other.

It seems to be entirely random as to what you get now. For many their issue with this change is it means more steps to get to the info that was easily accessible in the past. Lately I have been finding more broken links built in to eBay than I ever found in the past. The impression is a total strip down of anything that closely once resembled eBay.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

pjcdn2005 wrote:

So you aren't seeing this just to the right of the buy it now button?

Seller information

==========================================================================

Nope, all i see is my ID and my feedback score.  If i click on the Feedback  Score link i'm taken to the bottom of the page, way below the item description and to the right  there is a link highlighted in blue that says see other items.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If it's any consolation it still shows your info for me (so others should see it too). I just peeked and your listings show me your info at the right (same as before) exactly as pj has above.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

it's reverted back to normal for me when i look at it too.   We'll see if it stays that way or changes back to the new format permanently at some point...

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

It takes time to apply changes when you are talking about 1.7 Billion listings and tens of thousands of servers.

Personally I kind of like the new layout, viewers will have to scroll down past the description to get to the seller info.

Making the layout for desktop and mobile similar isn't a bad plan when mobile users outnumber desktop users.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply