To check settings

Dear Sellers,

I got subsequently notes from two UK  buyers that they were not able to get a button "ask seller for a total" when purchasing with cart.

But similar experience with US buyers was good.

I want to check how I am programmed about "combined shipping" for other than US buyers and to the biggest embarrassment I can not find such a route.

Hope you know it and will share.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

To check settings

You need to check your shipping policy and make sure that nothing is blocked or disabled when it comes to this.

There is an option to allow buyers to contact you for shipping price. You can enable this for each specific country.

To find your policies, Go to "My eBay" then "Account" and you will find business policies on the left side menu.

It will show you which policies you have. If you need to find a specific listing, to the right of a policy you will see a number, this number tells you how many listings use that policy. If you click the number you can filter your listings to show only that policy.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

The forced IPR is what you are seeing, it's been going on for at least 4 years and has always been "variable". By variable I mean it applies to some transactions but not to others.

When it's in effect the "request total" button is NOT available in the cart.

I've dealt with this probably hundreds of times as I get a lot of combined orders, when communicating with buyers in this situation I have found no specific reason why some buyers see this and some don't. If the same buyers who are having the issue try to buy but not pay (items not added to cart) they are often forced into IPR on each item.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

Thank you Recped, for sharing your experience.

My thoughts are that recent changes on eBay.com and eBay.ca home pages do not well correspond with foreign buyers, in my case particularly in UK
But it works for US buyers! For these that know about it.
Hopefully eBay people read our chats and will do something to fix it or will instruct us how to settle this better.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

As I said in my previous post, there does not seem to be any rationale for this. Last week I had 1 Canadian buyer who was able to use the request total button, one that couln'd but could buy individual items without paying and a third that could not do either.

The week before it was US buyers that some could and some could not. Last week also had one Asian buyer who could not access the request total button and then less than an hour later another buyer from Asia who could.

I continually get messages from buyers, "eBay won't let me request a total" or "eBay makes me pay for each item, I can't even use the cart".

Initially I thought it was just buyers not understanding the process but after much communication with these buyers it became obvious this is NOT a buyer sided issue.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

According to posts from reps on ebay.com, the forced ipr should not affect the request total button in the cart and everything is working as it should.

According to buyers and sellers, there is definitely something wrong with the request total in the cart because it does not work consistently.  I tend to believe the people who actually use the cart and deal with buyers all the time.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

I have had the same problems for years. I have everything set up for combined shipping. Some buyers are able to add to cart & request total & others are not able to do it. Have mentioned the problem to eBay staff & no one seems to know how to fix this so it is consistent.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

To check settings

Setting up combined shipping to its fullest extent means buyers don’t have to Request Total: the cart does it for them based on the combined shipping rules the seller has set.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply