Tracked Packet USA -- eBay's special rate

eBay and Canada Post have partnered to offer Canadian sellers a special promotion for Tracked Packet USA service. To access these rates, purchase and print your Canada Post shipping through eBay Labels. These promotional rates are available until December 31, 2023.

These base rates apply to any location in the continental United States:

• Up to 100g : $6.35 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 250g : $7.08 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 500g : $8.67 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 1Kg : $14.09 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 2Kg : $16.98 + fuel surcharge

Here are the SfSB level 1 prices for comparison. You'll see the biggest benefit for packets over 500g.

• Up to 100g : $8.53 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 250g : $10.46 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 500g : $14.43 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 1Kg : $21.26 + fuel surcharge
  • Up to 2Kg : $27.25 + fuel surcharge
Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Tracked Packet USA -- eBay's special rate

Thanks. Will try that. It's 9/28 10:58am pacific and I'm still unable to print.

Message 21 of 54
latest reply

@pjcdn2005   Thank you!

A big thumbs up!

I tried logging in with Edge but that didn't work. Then I tried the Bulk Labels option as you suggested.

It printed as usual!

For others having this issue, before you resort to this workaround it's  probably a good idea to go to

"Orders/Shipping Labels" and check the top of  your list to see if you were charged for a label you thought didn't process.  If it somehow registered during your attampts to print you may be able to just do a "Reprint Label. and sav e yourself some grief.

Message 22 of 54
latest reply

That's a game changing for sure. I'm mindblowned tho when i see canada post being able to discount 70% of their rates. They show their cards it shows how large the profit margin is on our heads. 

Message 23 of 54
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

That's a game changing for sure. I'm mindblowned tho when i see canada post being able to discount 70% of their rates. They show their cards it shows how large the profit margin is on our heads. 

Important to remember the discounts we are seeing are because of ALL the Canadian eBay sellers combined using eBay Labels. It's basically a group volume discount. We had this in Manitoba with CanPost when I worked for a national company in the 80ies/90ies. Same deal with Purolator/DHL/UPS/Fedex.  They can revise at any time if volumes drop off. 

-Lotz

Message 24 of 54
latest reply

Usually I use letter mail or postage stamps; most of what I sell is under 100gm. Today I had a big order, 220gm. Tracked package via eBay worked out $4.50 cheaper than the stamps/post office way. $8.25 vs $11.14 plus GST.

Message 25 of 54
latest reply

I have been trying to buy a Canada Post tracked packet shipping label. It is for 4 items, so the calculated weight had to be corrected: 70g 22x19x2 com. Address correct, etc. etc., etc. As soon as I press "Purchase SHipping Label" it comes back with "It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later."

eBay support is absolutely useless. They say there is nothing wrong and wasted an hour of my time having me do the same thing over and over. I have runout of browsers and modes to try! I can go to Canada Post and buy a level with business account, no problem. I am not going to try another more expensive shipping option, as I would then purchase the label I don't want. Cleraly there is a problem with the purcahse label page, but they are clueless. Advice I got was to come back in a few hours using Chrome incognito mode!!

Is there anyone there who can help, or has same experience. I will be either dead or will have been driven to insanity if I attempt to get "support" from eBay

Message 26 of 54
latest reply

If it is tracked packet make sure the customs info is correct also. And make sure you have checked off the box where it says I agree to info being correct (customs) or it won't work.  Your size of 22 x 19 x 2 cms and 70 grams  is well within. If you adjust the size on the top with package info you have to make sure the size and weight matches in the customs part below or it won't work either. Top (package info) and lower (customs info) have to jive. Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 54
latest reply

Everything was completely correct, customs info etc. This was for 4 items combined. Eventually I deleted 3 and set the correct value for customs etc. as if it was one item and it printed, so it does not seem to work for multiple items combined in one shipment.

What really irritates me is eBay cannot acknowledge a problem, so they can go and fix it. I really do not have hours to waste on somehting that should take 2min as everyone else! I helped them debug this if they would listen - There is a problem with shipments for multiple items.

Message 28 of 54
latest reply

I had 3 orders I posted about in another thread a few days ago, where I had 64 items to combine 40 + 10 +14 on 3 different invoices and ebay was useless to help with that and I was not able to ever get it to work. I deleted all the extra lines etc just kept failing.  The 40 item order (ebays limit per invoice) I couldnt even load that as it crashed the page for customs info, couldn't even try and delete the lines to get to the 5 maximum.

There is a serious problem and either they have no clue how to fix it or don't care lol

Message 29 of 54
latest reply

About a month age I had to make a label for 8 items and ended up doing it in bulk labels.   To be honest I can't remember what the problem was, just that bulk labels was the only place that I was only place to print the label.

Message 30 of 54
latest reply

They show their cards it shows how large the profit margin is on our heads.

Not necessarily.

Just as the grocery store has "loss leaders" - advertising products at close to or even below the store's cost is still profitable because when we shop for the cheap yams, we also buy the full price turkey and the marked up cranberry sauce.

CPO loses on these specific parcels, but only those from eBay sellers for a limited time, but makes those customers happy and used to using a relatively new and normally more expensive service.

Like the free Tuesday domestic parcels- the goodwill earned is worth more than the money lost.

43116957_1620469441398534_7453111032840454144_n.jpg

Message 31 of 54
latest reply

You can buy discount mint postage stamps here on eBay.

I couldn't possibly tell you from whom. 😎

Message 32 of 54
latest reply

I outlined in my other post that I tried each invoice, the normal way and the bulk section (this is where it crashed with 40 items lol). So 6 different tries (and about 5 times on each invoice while on the phone with ebay). I tried well over 40 times to print a label, on my phone, on 3 different browsers etc.

Message 33 of 54
latest reply

Just shipped tracked to US and it cost me under $8. If only we could have fair rates like this and domestic expedited lite as normal rates! 

Message 34 of 54
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Just shipped tracked to US and it cost me under $8. If only we could have fair rates like this and domestic expedited lite as normal rates! 

It would kill ChitChats!  

Message 35 of 54
latest reply

I'm sure ChitChats is already hurting! I usually spend about $300 a month there, and last month I spent $0. Which is good because they closed the only location within 30 minutes from my house! I wish CP would keep these rates!
Message 36 of 54
latest reply

Today's shipment: 50/50

Image1.jpg

teenytrinkets wrote: I wish CP would keep these rates!

It might be possible. Maybe this is a joint Ebay/CP experiment? They announced this as a temporary discount - and in case it doesn't work as expected, they may withdraw without losing face ..... (just my quiet hope 😀

Message 37 of 54
latest reply

It looks very professional.

What is in the tubes?

Message 38 of 54
latest reply

@toronto_tuttle wrote:

It looks very professional.

What is in the tubes?

Thanks! 😊

I sell vintage paper stuff. 

Message 39 of 54
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Today's shipment: 50/50

Image1.jpg

teenytrinkets wrote: I wish CP would keep these rates!

It might be possible. Maybe this is a joint Ebay/CP experiment? They announced this as a temporary discount - and in case it doesn't not work as expected, they may withdraw without losing face ..... (just my quie hope 😀

@38e_avenue

@toronto_tuttle  

Would interesting to know if the tubes get dinged with surcharge after the fact. Applicable on CP site. Surcharge is missing on eBay Labels/Shippo. Does the charge show up on Chitchats?

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1699287822889.png

USPS has a surcharge for shipping tubes also.  GSP in the past would reject anything mailed in a shipping tube. Unsure if eIS has same policy.

-Lotz

Message 40 of 54
latest reply