Tracked Packet to US price increase?

Not long ago I paid just over $14 for tracked packets up to 500g, today the price is over $18, what's going on?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Tracked Packet to US price increase?

overpostage +3 usd. seller pratices.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Are you using Paypal to print your postage? Or Canada Post. You might try Snap Ship. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Tracked Packet rate varies from region to region in the USA and is not same rate for everywhere in the USA. As well,  rate depends on whether under  250 g,  over 250 g but less than 500 g,  or over 500 g. but less than 1Kg.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

hyperrush--  I thought you were shipping from Portugal? 

Just a reminder that we are supposed to use the location of the product, not the location of the seller in our listings.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@zyla999 wrote:

Not long ago I paid just over $14 for tracked packets up to 500g, today the price is over $18, what's going on?

There a bunch of threads over the past week about how paypal has managed to screw up Canada Post shipping with their latest "improvements".

If using paypal directly you won't get the eBay discount any more ($18+ sounds like the counter rate).

If linking from the ebay sale through to paypal you should see the eBay discounted rates.

Canada Post (tracked packet USA, 500g to California from Ontario, May 25) rates:

over the counter: $18.70
Solutions for Small Business level 1, EST Online: $17.52
Solutions for Small Business level 1, Snap Ship: $14.90 (with promo discount)

eBay discount: ??

If you can't get paypal to work try Canada Post's new Snap Ship (credit card required). With an extra 15% beta test discount until July 2017.

-..-

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Tracked Packet rate varies from region to region in the USA and is not same rate for everywhere in the USA. As well, rate depends on whether under 250g, over 250g but less than 500g, or over 500g but less than 1Kg.

Within each weight category the Tracked packet cost is the same for all USA locations.

It may vary a bit month to month, since there is a fuel surcharge added to the base rate.

Expedited parcel USA is the one that varies by USA destination.

-..-

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

With reference to my comment,  I was using examples from my shipments:

Using PayPal labels, a 450 g Tracked Pkt item to Ohio cost $15.90 whereas a 320g Tracked Pkt item  to Texas cost $15.79.

However, that could very well be the difference in fuel surcharge.. but the fact remains the total price does vary and sellers need to know and realize that those variations in pricing do occur.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @zyla999 - There was an issue with PayPal that prevented eBay discounts from appearing as options for you, which has since been resolved (https://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/05/25/8001/). If you're still having trouble (or I've crossed wires on the issue) please let me know and I'll work on getting more answers. 🙂 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I've paid $14.58 (or so) for TP up to 250 grams but for 320 grams it was $16 ish.

But the rate you just got is probably the small business rate which is what you now get if you go directly to PayPal to print your label. If you go to the sold item in selling manager or my eBay and click on the print label from there it will take you to PayPal and you will receive the higher eBay discount.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Always PayPal (Canada Post) .... so far it was the best for US bound packages below 1kg.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

It was always fixed rate. Around $14 for below 500g and around $18 for under 1kg.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I printed from PayPal for years and the rates were the same. Till 2 days ago PP asked me what is my favourite method to ship (Canada Post or UPS), then it asked me for Canada Post account # ( I gave my Venture One #) and tat's when it started. Had to choose or it would not let me print the label.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Still no eBay discount.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

1. The workflow has changed. If you want to use your ebay discount, you need to come at paypal from ebay. There was an Announcement almost six months ago. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/01/16/7939/ You cannot print directly form paypal now and expect any discount beyond your Solutions for Small Business level discount. 

2. Paypal itself screwed something up with ebay labels as they move to make adjustments for ebay switching to Shippo. There was also an Announcement about it. Two, actually. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/05/25/8001/ and the background on the witch to Shippo can be found in the Summer Seller Update. http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/05/09/7985/

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@zyla999 wrote:
Still no eBay discount.

Use Snap Ship. It's a new interface form Canada Post and there is an Introductory discount on it that beats our ebay discount for most services. https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/snapship/default.page

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@zyla999 wrote:
Still no eBay discount.

Did you start on eBay by clicking on print shipping label as other posters have suggested?  Do not start your label directly on PayPal or you will pay more.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@zyla999 wrote:
It was always fixed rate. Around $14 for below 500g and around $18 for under 1kg.

I agree that it has been a fixed rate based on weight but tracked packet has always had 3 tiers regardless where you print your labels.

up to 250gr

251-500gr

501gr-1kg

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

My item was less than 250g but it charged me over $16. I looked at one from 2 weeks ago and it was $14 and change, and I started from eBay this time.
Just wondering how are the shipping prices for other sellers in the Track Packet category to US. Seems like my prices went up by $2 on average.
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I printed a tracked packet USA label this morning.  For a 120 gr package I think that it was was $14.68.

Yours was $16.25?  That is the small business level 1 rate.  Just to confirm...you clicked on print shipping label on eBay and that took you right to the label page to fill out the label info?  If so, I have no idea why you are getting the higher rate.  

I think that someone mentioned this earlier but If if you don't mind paying with a credit card, you might want to use snapship.com  for now.  They have a promotion on  and if you sign in there with your small business number a label for a package that is 250 grams or less is just under $14.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply