Transit Time to Russia

Does anyone here ship to Russia often?

An item shipped using Small Packet Air arrived to a buyer in a little over 2 weeks - is this a fluke? Or maybe it's because the buyer lives in a major city?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Transit Time to Russia

I find that items going and coming from Europe arrive faster than items shipping within North America.

Even items going to former Soviet republics like Kazhakistan seem to move fairly quickly --- or disappear completely.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

I banned Russia 2 years ago. Even if all packages arrived to their destinations, almost all of them were late (2 months or so),

2% of the business volume, 90% of all complaints. Never again!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

Two weeks is like as mini miracle! It can happen but not that often.

I ship to Russia every few weeks, it usually takes 4 or 5 weeks.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

Ive had quite a few to Russia the past few months, 3-4 weeks for the ones Ive heard back from/got fb.  None reported not received, never get a "not here yet" from there.  Asked one after the ebay courier warning who said he called the post office and nothing has changed.  Don't know if my unprofessional looking packages make things any better or worse

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

No way! That is the most crooked place you could deal with, besides Quebec. I would stay clear of sales in Russia, i have had nothing but regret since stopping sales there. Now if I could somehow stop local sales to Quebec i would be happy.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

@recped wrote:

Two weeks is like as mini miracle! 

My thoughts exactly! I was hoping it wasn't a fluke...

Thanks everyone!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

Ive had quite a few to Russia the past few months, 3-4 weeks for the ones Ive heard back from/got fb.  None reported not received, never get a "not here yet" from there.  Asked one after the ebay courier warning who said he called the post office and nothing has changed.  Don't know if my unprofessional looking packages make things any better or worse

Mine look unprofessional too and no losses yet! ::knock on wood::

I don't ship to Russia. The Russian buyer I was talking about was complaining on the eBay.com forum that packages from the US take forever to arrive while an item he bought days later from Canada arrived in about 2 weeks. I asked him if the Canadian seller used small packet air and he said yes.

At the risk of getting flamed, I was actually contemplating using the GSP to ship to Russia. I don't know any insurer that will cover shipments to Russia -- at least not for low volume sellers.

On my other ID, I ship some of my items using USPS and I've been reading about the GSP. I think as long as the item is located in the States, listed on eBay.com + other requirements, it should be ok..

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Transit Time to Russia

For me, Russia and Israel, are hit and miss. Russia due to its' antiquated postal system, and Israel because it is a "war zone". I am dividing up my inventory into what doesn't bother me if I lose it and what I do not want to lose. That defines which countries I ship to.  Chile and Mexico and are on permanent no ship list.

Ladies at the PO have 70 years experience between them. They gently offered "Do not ship there. They get the parcel and lie about it.".

Photobucket
Message 9 of 9
latest reply