USPS first class mail international. SLOW WHY?

acuralion
Community Member
I ordered earbuds (pricy) that came from Colorado Springs, CO, United states, to, Vancouver, Canada. The supposed tracking, as ive come to find out, isn't really tracking at all but just checkpoints. So far, in 3 and a half weeks, all I've got on my "tracking" is dispatched to sort facility(at jan25 2013) and electronic shipping info received. It has been three weeks yet it has not updated..... Ugh, what is going on?
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

3 1/2 weeks is a long time. I have parcels that get to their USA destination in a week, and identical parcels take 5 weeks.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

it won't update ...Don't bother with it as it is not tracking nor does it give point on point info .. Sometimes it will show when item comes across border but for the most part all you will ever see is what you see now ...

Do not wait longer then 44 days to file a item not received case if you do not receive... Items going across any border will at random be delayed and take longer .. 2-3 weekas is the norm i have had a few 4-5 weeks but just see what this week brings and go from there..

DO NOT FOR NO REASON OR EXCUSE FROM A SELLER WAIT LONGER THEN 44 DAYS FROM THE DAY OF PAYMENT TO FILE ITEM NOT RECEIVED CASE

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

The supposed tracking, as ive come to find out, isn't really tracking at all

"Tracking" for USPS First Class International to Canada didn't start until January 27th, was your package sent before or after that? If you're package was mailed before that date there is no tracking or delivery confirmation at all.

Of course no amount of tracking will make any difference to the likelihood or speed of delivery.

All USPS International mail is subject to slow deliveries because the International Processing Centres often perform VERY poorly. Mail can sit at the ISC's (especially Jamaica NY) for a long time before moving along to the destination country.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I am finding USPS First Class seems to be taking twice as long than it did a month ago. Might it have to do with USPS recent changes?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

", all I've got on my "tracking" is dispatched to sort facility"

Is this the information you get from USPS?

Enter the same tracking number at Canada Post website and see what information you get.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Kayjay, I have found that the mail runs much slower in Jan and feb. That has been my experience for years.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

All my US parcels arrived today.  From shipping date to arrival 30-32 days.  I hope mr. elmwood is right and the delivery time picks up soon!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

USPS International First Class mail is still not trackable. I bought a package two weeks ago, sent USPS First Class, and it has not been visible since it left the sort facility in California over a week ago. Canada Post says that the " tracking number " cannot be found.  I doubt that this service will ever be trackable.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Yeah I don't think this service is trackable as well. My friend from Hawaii sent me something on the 4th and it arrived today... so, slightly more than two weeks.

I sent her something via Expedited Parcel back in late-December (after days after x'mas) and that arrived in 8 days (6 business days). Hmmmmm I wonder why it was much faster to mail there...

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Further to my post above, from the CP website this morning about my FC package.

" 14:35There is no information available for this item. Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product "

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

SLOW why?  Because it is now a trend to move any items at much slower pace nowadays, never mind that we paid a lot of $$ for postage rates.  

I honestly don't understand how it is possible and why would they be moved at much slower pace nowadays unless USPS and Canada Post are hoping that we get mad and decide to use more expensive faster mail service?  If so, then they are the ones that are trying to "cheat" and dupe us into paying more.  Period!!  

As for USPS and Canada Post, I wish their paychecks are by mail and then they will see how slower and late that they get their paychecks each time!!

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Further to my post above, from the CP website this morning about my FC package.

" 14:35There is no information available for this item. Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product "

The new service for 1st class international packages is called

Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International (E-USPS DELCON INT)

From what I understand the only time the package will be scanned in Canada is when it is delivered so it is a true delivery confirmation service, not a tracking service.

What are the first 2 letters in your tracking number?

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

rynnwarrior
Community Member

I agree with you collector52, it's a way to force us to use more expensive services.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

THANKS, used Canada post and received atleast some information

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

I know anything that goes between the borders takes forever. I sell on ebay from Canada. It is so frustrating for me

and my buyers when I ship from Canada to the US. Unless I pay about 40.00 or 50.00 for a tiny item to ship expedited, the

average item takes 3 to 4 weeks?! That doesnt make for good feedback, and I have no control over it!

Very frustrating

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I agree.  The mail coming from the States has been excruciatingly slow for the past month.

Maybe slower than ever before.

It's not only FCI.  All incoming mail has slowed down dramatically.

Not just slow, but I'm receiving a crazy number of badly damaged packages as well 

I was told that the CPO had to hire outside workers to keep up.

Also, the email to my house often arrives in the dark now after 5.

My outgoing packages are doing just fine though.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

In terms of delivery speed, mail service between Canada and USA has been erratic for years. However, I'm wondering if some of the recent delays in delivery of mail from the US are attributable to the recent cold snap that resulted in Toronto Pearson airport being closed to inbound N American flights. That must have caused quite a backup at the Gateway sorting plant.

A few days ago we received a Xmas card sent airmail from the UK, postmarked London 14.12.13. It was correctly addressed except it lacked the postal code. On Jan 23 I received a paperback book, sent "International Surface Air Lift", purportedly from Sparks, NV, that I had been advised was dispatched Dec 15. There was no date either on the package or on the enclosed dispatch note, so I cannot be sure that it was sent Dec 15. Although I did not ask for a refund, as I was pretty sure the shipment would eventually turn up, I received reimbursement 2 weeks ago (this was not an eBay transaction).

One thing it does show is that, sooner or later, the mail gets through.

The post is, and always has been, a great service. It's too bad some of the practitioners of it do their darnedest to mess it up.

Tom  

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

I end up on this subject when lurking the web in a hope of finding the answer why the package I ordered from NY, USA to Germany via USPS First Class takes 28 days to deliver so far.

Those are not working days, but the total number of days. I spoke with the seller, he is very communicative, I do believe he shipped the item, but on the USPS tracking page only says last destination is Jamaica NY, and status is "in transit", though the tracking is only until it's out of the USA.

He even called the USPS, and the lady working there told him to hold on for a while, but what the heck to hold on, the delivery time should be 6-12 working days, and we are talking about 20 working days now ..

Don't know what to do .. Did you have this type of delay with this **bleep**py USPS First Class when shipping from USA to Europe?

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

In Canada we don't use USPS but I have read on the U.S. boards that some of those sorting stations such as Jamaica, NY are taking an extremely long time to sort and send out parcels. The same thing is also happening for Priority and First class shipments within the U.S.

I am sure that the seller really appreciates your patience but if you don't receive the item within the next 10 days you should file an item not received claim as that must be done before 45 days from payment. If you want, you can still give the seller more time after that as you don't have to accelerate the claim right away.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply