Unrealistic delivery estimates

Yesterday I had a sale to France and invoiced the buyer for the sale plus international shipping via Canada Post International Tracked Packet.  This morning the buyer paid (Saturday Oct 20th).  I have one day handling which means that I need to ship by Monday 11 pm.  When I look at my order details page it tells me that the Estimated delivery time is Monday, Oct 22, 2018 - Wednesday, Oct 24, 2018 .  See the attached screen shot.

How is this possible?  Canada Post says that the expected delivery time is 7 business days.

How can the parcel be expected to deliver by the same date that I am supposed to ship it?

I am going to have an unhappy buyer if he is expecting to receive his item by Wednesday the 24th at the latest.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This was a problem reported in September but they obviously haven't fixed it yet. There are at least a few other countries that have the same problem for Tracked Packet and Xpresspost.

Here is the previous thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/EBAY-GLITCH-OR-EBAY-STUPIDITY/m-p/408922

You might want to write the buyer and give them an more accurate delivery date.  If they really do need it that quickly, they might want to cancel the purchase...unless you have already shipped it of course. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not refund the buyer just because if the estimate (error) date is not arrived.  The buyer needs to realize it is unrealistic.  If he gave you a negative feedback, call eBay to have it removed.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks pjcdn2005 for the link to the previous thread.  I was not aware of it.  I will bring it up again on today's chat with Tyler.  

I messaged my buyer twice about the estimated delivery date - once with the shipping quote prior to his purchase, and once again at the time of shipping.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you will check tomorrow it will be next days, and after that next ... and so on. I would not rely on estimated dates, it has nothing to do with reality.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@goldnideas wrote:

If you will check tomorrow it will be next days, and after that next ... and so on. I would not rely on estimated dates, it has nothing to do with reality.  

The delivery time doesn’t change for a completed sale if you look at the order details. It does change on the active listing page or if you look at the sold items page but that date given to the buyer does not change.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply