Uploading Video to Listing Option

Hey Everyone....

Not sure I have the correct board, but will post my issue anyway. I have been trying to have resolved via eBay.ca Customer Support since Nov 2022. Since they have not resolved my issue & keep passing it off, thought I would ask here.

I switched over to the "New Listing Tool" within my seller hub when it was first offered. Within this new tool or advanced tool which ever you may call it, you are suppose to have the option to upload 1 vid per listing. I do NOT have this issue. 

I can always upload a vid via my youtube channel & throw the html code into eBay via the description, but I want it within the photo area where it is suppose to be offered/option.

Any answers to why I do NOT have this option? Customer service have me repeat the same steps every single time I contact them & then they are baffled why I do not have the option & tell me they will have tech looking at it & it will be fixed shortly... well it's been since Novemeber 2022... dont think they are in a hurry from 4 different eBay reps reporting my issue.

Cheers Caz

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Uploading Video to Listing Option

I havent tried, but I wouldnt be shocked if its .com only feature, it seems standard for .ca to have no features and never get anything thats promised. Would be nice to have coupons, multip item discounts for cards etc like .com has but don't see that happening here ever lol

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I list on .ca and have never had the video option; as @regs43 mentioned I'm pretty sure this is a feature that hasn't rolled out on the Canadian side of things just yet. The rep(s) you're speaking to probably don't understand you're not listing on .COM, or don't know there's a difference between eBay.CA and eBay.COM (or, a difference between the United States and Canada for that matter).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

ahhhhhhhh ok... didnt even think of that. Tyvm for your replies.

Cheers Caz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/adding-video-listing?id=5272&st...

One of the easiest ways to increase buyer engagement is by adding a video to your listing.

You can add videos to your listings free of charge to help showcase items in more detail using APIs or certain third party providers. Currently, videos are displayed in the image gallery of the listing in the eBay app and the mobile browser.

How to add a video to your listing

You can only add one video per listing, but you can use the same video on multiple listings - you just need to upload it once. There are two options to add videos to your listings:

• Integrate directly with the Media API documentation to upload your videos. For detailed instructions on using the Media API to upload videos and adding those videos to your listings, please check our Managing videos documentation
  • List items by using certain third party providers. Check with your provider for more information about whether videos are supported, and how to upload and add them to your listings

Tip

Adding the same video to multiple listings is easy: you only need to upload the video once and then associate it to different listings.

Tips for creating effective videos

You can use your product video to show off your item's benefits, unique features or even answer frequently asked questions in new ways. Here are a few ideas to inspire your own videos:

• Product instructions/ how-to videos
  • Installation guides (such as for Parts & Accessories)
  • DIY videos (for example, a woodwork project using a power tool or a recipe using a kitchen appliance)
  • Unboxing videos
  • Videos that clarify the item condition (for example, showing any scuffs, nicks, or tears)

Your product videos can influence, clarify, and provide extra information for your buyers, but be sure to still include a detailed item description and accurate photos on your listings.

Ideally, videos should be one minute or less and need to comply with the same listing policies as any other content in listings.

Video moderation and restrictions

Once your video is uploaded, it will be moderated and posted to your listing within 48 hours. However, it can take up to seven business days to moderate and post a product video during occasional peak periods. The content you provide must comply with all of our policies. Buyers will be able to view your video after successful moderation.

Visit our Images, videos and text policy for additional information on applicable policies and common reasons for video rejection.

Video Format Requirements

• The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
  • The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
  • Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
  • MP4 file types- MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advanced Video Coding (MPEG-4 AVC)
  • Providing links to YouTube or other video platforms is not supported

Top Takeaway

To add a video to a listing, you need to use the Media API or contact your third party provider for more information. Adding videos is not currently possible using eBay listing flows. You only need to upload the same video once, even if you are using the same video in different listings. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I tried uploading a video and the quality after compression was terrible. Not going to bother with it after seeing that.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

They had issued a notice on 10-14-2021 https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-seller-videos-on-item-pages/ba-p/467985 to allow video.  Almost 2 years later and it's still not implemented yet for Canada?  What a load of **bleep**.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I have used the video option on .com but it is really, really short.  I compress them to squeeze a bit more time. 

Hosting your own video link will give you a lot more flexibility.  Perhaps have the 2nd picture say "Watch the Demo Video from the Link Below" or something along those lines.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply