WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR FOLLOWERS?

What happened to our Followers? You can see the number of Followers but you can no longer see who the Followers are...

Click on See other items, then click on your user I.D which takes you to your Feedback Profile Page. The Followers are missing at the bottom of the page.

Perhaps this is a another move by eBay to separate the Seller from the Buyer as they continue to implement Managed Payments. 

Or....   

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@silverpinups 

Are you still able to send promotion mail to Followers. I believe you could in the past. Not something I've done.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yeah - I don't see mine either - just the number - and I had to go hunting to find the sellers I follow as well. Used to be both together on PC/MAC now they are gone/relocated. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"Are you still able to send promotion mail to Followers. I believe you could in the past. Not something I've done".

I've never sent any promotional info to my followers but it was nice to be able to track whether a new follower was influenced by the service that I provided in a previous transaction. It was also nice to know where my followers were from etc...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I just added to my shortcuts. Changed name and updated ".ca" . Works great.

-Lotz
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Worked fine for me too ... how that user knew to use that address I've no idea. I checked, there's no link on my profile page ... thought maybe the followers number might be a link but there's nothing pointing to this hidden page.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I never paid much attention to Followers, I have a bunch, some have bought from me in the past but most have not.

I also follow quite a few other sellers, I've never bought from any of them and don't have any plans to do so in the future.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@silverpinups 

Are you still able to send promotion mail to Followers. I believe you could in the past. Not something I've done.

-Lotz

They have to be subscribed to your email list. Followers are more useful for appearing in the "saved" product feed as newly listed items from followed sellers will appear there. They are also used for targeted emails that ebay generates, which are less useful. Ebay could utilize the feature much more to build buyer to seller relationships but everything they are doing from a corporate strategy seems to be going in the other direction.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

how that user knew to use that address I've no idea.

I started from my own profile page and began editing the page URL in the address bar; I added a slash to the end of the address, and luckily my browser history still remembered the old links and suggested them as possible page options under the address bar.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply