We are testing a new View Item experience on desktop

The item listing (also known as View Item) page on desktop will be going through a redesign this year. As part of this effort, we are going to simplify and modernize the user experience.

Here are some of the key highlights of what you can expect:

1. Larger images
  2. Increased prominence of the seller information.
  3. Bring critical information like Item specifics and seller description higher up on the page before any modules that show other items & ads.
  4. Improve the hierarchy of the page, so we show the most important information in the right order.

We will be rolling out the change in phases as we design the final experience. We will be running several tests and gathering user feedback. 

Your feedback is valuable and will help us in creating a better eBay experience. Thank you for buying and selling on eBay. 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: We are testing a new View Item experience on desktop

You guys testing , everything ,change everything,that works, WHY? because you have nothing else to do,you using us like lab rats? testing everything on us!!!! when I list something I don't want to see other sellers item pop up on my listing,,change that back!!! nobody likes that,but no!!! instead of fixing what is really screwed up , you make it worse all the time!!!!! EBAY check out your reviews on line!!! or you don't do that? I see ,,,then you would know how many Sellers, Buyers are upset with your performance,,,just saying !!!!! You guys changing everything to push small sellers out ,,good action on your part, Do you know that 70 percent  sellers are buying from each other here? no new buyers or collectors want to use you guys anymore , Well good luck Ebay ,I also closed my Basic store, as it is useless, and I am just relisting the items not sold and I will just do that ,saves me time, no use listing new stuff as I really don't want to sell my stuff to other Sellers, so if I list I just list Junk comics and take the good ones to auctioners !!!! Thank you Ebay for all the changes you have made for the worst the past 15 years ,YOU ARE GOING DOWN not Up,,you just don't see it ,,but I do, you changing staff all the time,but I have been here from the start and I see what is going on ,your costumer service SUCKS, you hire people with no knowledge, who repeat the same thing when we call, "I see you have been a member for x amount of years thank you " etc ...etc... like a robot!!!! but they have 0 knowledge and don't do anything just try to make you feel that they care...but they don't or can't do anything about your problem.....Just saying the trueth ...and you I know ....YOU DON'T CARE SO I just waisted some more time here!!!!! Thank you 

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

you think eBay is atrocious for "testing"? you outta been a seller on Etsy for the past 15 years and then you would really know the FULL extent of sellers' experiences with on going, never ending "tests"!! eBay's "tests" are few and very mild compared to what Etsy has been putting its sellers through over the past 15 years and continues to do so ...You ain't seen nothin' till you've experienced Etsy!

and BTW a sale is a sale no matter who the buyer is...who cares whether sellers are buying from each other? ...at least it keeps things moving! Not all buyers are buyers only!

and it matters not whether it is eBay, Etsy, Amazon or other selling sites, sellers are buyers and many buyers are sellers!

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

Sees like a DOWNGRADE to me, lets just hide any important seller details at the bottom. Since we know people love to read NOTHING they wont get to the bottom of the page lol!

@regs43 

Now seeing that there is a similar type of downgrade on Etsy. Full article below.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1690739230853.png

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2023/7/1690490690.html

So sadly the new normal even when the users take issue with it.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I would like to have the choice of viewing the page.  I like the Gallery View in Computer Auctions, but there is no default setting.
Where did it go?
Was able to set prior to "TESTING" period.

Each time I log in I must set to Gallery - please reinstate

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Please stop calling everything an "experience".

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Amen to that!...some "experiences" here on eBay are best left "unexperienced"...

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Amen to that!...some "experiences" here on eBay are best left "unexperienced"...

I think something may have been lost in translation when it comes to this particular announcement and item 2.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1692641842243.png

-Lotz

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

lol!  ... that whole announcement is a joke! they have recently totally destroyed a seller's listings with everything but the "most important information" shown as a priority- front & foremost to the buyer are other seller's ads..

Our listings are just giving other seller's items an additional boost.

We just have to hope that is reciprocated!

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

Stating the part about the sellers info change would be reversed and then it not happening. Way too much doublespeak/hot air!!!!

-Lotz

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

AH yes...what eBay says, what eBay does most often an "exercise" of blowing ALOT of hot air!

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

Am I alone in thinking that Ebay's UI was better 10+ years ago than it is presently?

The interface is so gigantic and terse now. Search settings keep changing automatically on me - change a description and it will automatically change category to something random as well as your parameters, all while throwing random sponsored/promoted garbage listings at you. Critical information in listings is hidden behind clickthroughs - it is SO DIFFICULT to convey information between sellers and buyers.

The site has also lost that interesting "caveat emptor" flea market/garage sale vibe - its more and more like an Amazon knockoff. I also feel like there are way fewer listings - may have something to do with the massive fee increases.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

What does the 4th point mean in English?

Mostly this sounds good, especially # 3.

I hope that the "Other items and ads" gives more prominence to other eBay listings than to paid 3rd party advertising that takes the customer right off the eBay site.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@gauld 

Don't bother with the phones.

Use the actual employees on the social media Chats.

Or post your problem to the Technical board on dotCOM for advice from both eBay staff and other sellers.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

The new version -- someone in design is saying "that looks cluttered-- needs more white space" without thinking about what the purpose of the design is.

Pretty is as pretty does.

Y'know what would be less cluttered?
Fewer ads above the seller's Description, so that everything to the end of the Description is from the listing seller and about the listing seller.

Then if the customer is not taken with that listing, there are more suggestions.

Oh.

Put the Description in a box. Don't leave it floating around.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply