What does this mean?

amcdc79
Community Member

On my ebay main page in the selling reminders area, is something that says, (last 31 days) and underneath is a line that says,

$guidance$ for 1 listing

The word listing is like a link, but it does not take you anywhere, when you click on it.

The number 1 is also done in a way that ebay could put any number there they want.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What does this mean?

I would suggest it is a Glitch. Capital G. 

In a few days you may see any actual recommendation, or it may disappear into nothingness. That would be my best guess. 

Can you show us a screenshot?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What does this mean?

In a few days you may see any actual recommendation, or it may disappear into nothingness. That would be my best guess. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

I have been seeing that on my page for several weeks. When I click on it, nothing happens. I  have no idea what it means.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

Gee whiz. Seems like this would be a good question to raise at a weekly board chat session with eBay Canada staff.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Gee whiz. Seems like this would be a good question to raise at a weekly board chat session with eBay Canada staff.

A little $guidance$ from eBay Canada would be helpful.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

Wonderful, I put all of my items on sale, and the number went from 1 to 73, go figure. I may phone ebay about it, just to see what they say. I'll let you know if/when I know more, thanks for the replies so far.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Great call, just got off the phone to ebay, and it is a Glitch, big G. The ebay rep(Neil) did mention, that they do want anyone else who has it on their Selling Reminder header, to give them a call to let them know.

It seemed to have started at the beginning of the month, so it sounds like an April Fools Joke, from one or more of their programmers.

We can all go back to our regularly scheduled selling again, Thanks again for your fine replies.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

I have been getting this Glitch since March and I have been ignoring it... Though I do wonder if it affected my sales since my sales have been slow the past couple months as well. Mine has been showing the number for listings I have recently listed... 499 right now since I just used the promo.

I'm not gonna waste time calling eBay, but hopefully they will fix it soon.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

What does this mean?

To anyone curious for a screenshot, here is how it looks like. When I mouse-over "499 listings" it shows me a link (see bottom of screenshot) to what appears to be the selling manager, but when I click on it it redirects me back to my.ebay.ca. I have been seeing this $guidance$ since last month.

20170411-0004.jpg

Message 9 of 9
latest reply