Who is netparcel?

How is it possible that I’ve never heard of this netparcel company until I get a message from PayPal Canada telling me to start using them to get cheaper postage rates?

“netParcel: Your speedy
shipping partner
When you choose PayPal, you get free
access to netParcel, a domestic and
international shipping service committed
to giving you competitive rates and
efficient service.”

Anyone know anything about this company?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Who is netparcel?

https://netparcel.com/cheapest-shipping-to-canada.html

They’re making some fairly grandiose claims.

Edit: typo
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/netParcel/m-p/424066#M106307

netParcel may or may not be a viable option for Canadian sellers. Although PayPal has hyped it up quite well, I don't see it as an alternative for myself.... and in view of the fact eBay disallowed further postings by the netParcel rep., I suspect eBay felt there may be some sort of conflict or threat to their Shippo....

It would seem any interest in netParcel is very limited...even on some of the other selling venues any discussions by Canadian sellers regarding netParcel was brief and short-lived...

Here is what I have been able to garner from a brief discussion with netParcel rep on one of the other selling venues:

"Orders which are not paid for via PayPal can still be shipping on the platform."
- The labels themselves must be paid for via PayPal and the platform is intented for ecommerce merchant fulfillment"
- "We have a few carriers on the platform so there are multiple drop-off and pickup options. You can also schedule pick-up at point of shipment creation on the platform, our support team can help as required.
UPS: Free Next Day Pickup. If pickup is scheduled from a home address a $3.80 residential pickup fee will apply.
Purolator: Free Pick-Up
DHL: Free Pick-Up
"As part of the PayPal integration you are enabling the importing of orders (Orders paid for via PayPal) onto the platform.
If you have orders which have not been paid for via PayPal you can also add-on our other store integrations which are Shopify, etsy, and eBay."

-" Ensure that box dimensions and weight are accurate, these are validated by the carriers and if larger or heavier adjustments will apply.
Most deliveries are for residential delivery (peoples homes), we encourage merchants to select the "residential delivery" checkbox to avoid this post delivery surcharge.
Please make sure the address you are delivering to is correct and note that non-postal carriers will not deliver to P.O. Boxes."

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/netParcel/m-p/424066#M106307

netParcel may or may not be a viable option for Canadian sellers. Although PayPal has hyped it up quite well, I don't see it as an alternative for myself.... and in view of the fact eBay disallowed further postings by the netParcel rep., I suspect eBay felt there may be some sort of conflict or threat to their Shippo....

Netparcel has their agreement with PayPal, not with eBay.  PayPal is now a separate company and is no longer owned by eBay --  that is why further postings got stopped.

-..-

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Next to useless service as a seller 

if i can not use to ship parcels out of Canada

I'm be sticking with canadapost .

I really despair that companies choose to hype the almost  useless 

as the next best thing since sliced bread.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/netParcel/m-p/422205#M105223

Above is a link to the best discussion a few weeks ago where a netparcel representative took part, username dedeh-74.

It seems that the sweet spot for the most favourable pricing was weights between 1 - 2 lbs , I guess that would be over .5 kg or so.

I didn't look into it because there are no close pickup centres around me but if there were DHL and the former Danish post office, forget the name, might be interesting for International parcels. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

... I didn't look into it because there are no close pickup centres around me but if there were DHL and the former Danish post office, forget the name, might be interesting for International parcels. 

DHL is owned by the German Post Office (Deutsche Post)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked it and decided no way.  No matter how fantastic low discounts, I am NOT interested to upset my buyers when they are ding with brokerage fees/custom duty fees.  I rather stick with PayPal.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

No matter how fantastic low discounts, I am NOT interested to upset my buyers when they are ding with brokerage fees/custom duty fees.

For USA there are no brokerage fees for under $800us.

UPS: https://www.ups.com/us/en/shipping/zones-and-rates/us-customs-brokerage-fees.page

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Netparcel is the BEST.

Shipping to the USA is WAY cheaper than Canada Post if you use Netparcel.  For example, I just shipped 3 books to Michigan from London, ON using UPS via Netparcel.  It cost me $15.50.  Canada Post wanted $27.50.  And, UPS gets it there in 2 days!!!  Shipping rates within Canada are also usually a bit cheaper as well, unless the destination is remote.

In summary, UPS with Netparcel is cheaper and faster than Canada Post.  Especially down to the States.

No brokerage fees with UPS unless the package value is over $800USD.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply