Why can't we sell vaping supplies such as coils or mods

I have done a few searches and there are hundreds of listings for vaping supplies so my question is why can't we all sell them since all these sellers are getting away with it. Of course this message will be deleted too because ebay don't want you seeing it.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay has since its inception banned tobacco and some tobacco -related items.

Not all, since I have myself sold 'flat fifty' tins which have collectible interest. Pipes are also immune.

And of course since marijuana has been illegal in most of the world until quite recently, items relating to that have also been banned.

Not bongs though-- I guess because they can be used for other purposes. Like vases for chrysanthemums.

Vapers have only one purpose and are used with two of those banned substances.

why can't we all sell them since all these sellers are getting away with it.

At the risk of sounding like your mother, would you jump off a bridge because someone else was doing it?

there are hundreds of listings for vaping supplies

which is a good business reason not to bother.

Find a product in a niche that is not overcrowded.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

And of course since marijuana has been illegal in most of the world until quite recently

Please enlighten me, in which countries is marijuana actually legal for recreational use?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Good question.

Recreational use—including for those seeking a legal buzz on April 20—is allowed in Washington state, Oregon, Nevada, California, Colorado, Alaska, Maine, Massachusetts, and Washington D.C.

Around the world, marijuana is legal for recreational users in Uruguay, and is both decriminalized and widely available in places like the Netherlands and Spain. Canada will soon join the list.

https://qz.com/961240/where-is-marijuana-legal/

So if you are planning the best vacation you will never remember... umm.... look, I was in university in the 60s.... what?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@recped wrote:

And of course since marijuana has been illegal in most of the world until quite recently

Please enlighten me, in which countries is marijuana actually legal for recreational use?

Canada

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Managed Payments is coming... restricted items

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-policies/managed-payments-restricted-items-policy?id=5009

The best thing to is ...... Do Not List....  because of Managed Payments 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I guess a few got lost in all that vapor fog or POT Smoke

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

!!!Marijuana is legal IN CANADA!!!as of 2018 If you are 19 and some provinces 18 you can be in possession of or buy even grow! To a limitation! Love this country "and vaping";)
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If you are 19 and some provinces 18 you can

Although eBay does restrict those under 18 from having accounts, there are still many youngsters on the site.

Alcohol is also legal.

We can't sell beer on the site.

Tobacco is legal.

We can't sell sheesha on the site.

Perhaps it's an excess of caution, but their lawyers probably told them the potential costs are greater than any fees they can make.

Mildly off topic: BC just made farmstand sales of cannabis legal  - with a license.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply