Wow - slow or what?

Wow - I started selling again 31 days ago and have only sold two radios and a speaker. Normally I sell 20 to 25 a month.

Are things that slow OR have I made a mistake selling in American Dollars?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Wow - slow or what?

In my (stamps) world, it is taking a lot more work to generate sales than it did in the past, and recent sales are still slower than last year at this time....

However some of my latest experiments have been bearing fruit so on goes the battle!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

Welcome back.

It is very slow.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

For those of us selling collectibles, antiques, vintage or anything pre-owned it will be challenging to say the least. 

A few moments ago, I saw an Ebay commercial on TV.  It looks like a standard commercial like other retailers.  A red Kitchenaid standmixer for $229  with FREE shipping. Ebay shows pricematch guarentee, since when can the advertiser promise pricematch guarantee?  The mixer is here on Ebay as advertised, Location Ontario.  Many have sold, feedback seems ok.  Many revisions in the listing.

If this is the direction Ebay is going in, there's probably not much hope for the small seller, but keep plugging anyway, cheers.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

eBay offers the price guarantee for the front page deals.  Started that a while ago, can't imagine many bother with it

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

Up until Friday for the last 2 months, sales have been dead.  Sold more this weekend than in the past 21 days, but I am sure that is short lived.  Too many sellers, not enough buyers and what people are buying is changing, new generation.  Us old folks are not buying as much and the young people are all into the latest gadget and don't want our stuff. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

People have to find you again.

Personal data point;

Since the Labour Day weekend, my  sales are down in all the venues I use (not just eBay). I list in both Canadian and USA $ and find the sales drop for both.

The Cynic says: the push to use promoted listings/ads has been strong this fall on a number of venues (including eBay), so it's the new world of pay more or sell less.   Or more likely pay more and sell less.

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

Spotty at best of late. Some blips of good activity then not much else. Sales outside of ebay are not exhibiting the same behavior.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Wow - slow or what?

Yes, it is definitely slower this year than last.  I've had a steady trickle of sales this month, but not as many as last year.  Strange thing is the Summer months were quite good this year with August being particularly steady. 

Since then sales have nosed dived the past 3 months.  I relisted a few hundred items this past week, but it hasn't helped much.  Strange thing is I think my prices are competitive and I know they are items that sell and yet sales are slow. 

It's hard to figure out.  I've even lowered prices on some items significantly and still no sales.  Hope it picks up as there are only a short number of weeks until Christmas.  I'm planning on continuous listing through the 4th quarter, so hopefully it might help stimulate sales.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply