Forum Posts

Paying Outstanding Fees Before Being Invoiced (after MP)

Just the other day I paid my Ebay fees from Paypal. It left one sale - my last sale on Ebay - fees outstanding.I used to be able to pay outstanding fees before they were invoiced. I tried to do that today, to clear my account completely before leavin...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Again, eBay demonstrates their contempt for us.

eBay's boundless greed manifests itself again, blatantly showing a lack of concern for Canadians, and their rights. eBay, the fine folks behind the gouging of Canadians on a scale only rivaled by our own government, via the GSP and other fundamentall...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Old seller but it's a different eBay now.ca &.com. What's the most important things I should know ?

I am an old seller but I haven't sold in a long time. If I'm trying to begin again, what are the most important factors regarding payments, shipping, final value fees? Are we allowed to talk about amazon on here at all? Just in small comparison, you ...

EBay seller payment options

I have been selling items on EBay for 20 years periodically. I have noticed PayPal has been more unpredictable and I have heard that although PayPal has been linked and possibly owned by EBay, there are different ways to receive payments from buyers ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Input requested: Community Board Streamline

Hi everyone - it's me! Your recently-absentee Community representative. I'm here to share a bit more about the project that has pulled me away for the last while. Sneak peek here. As part of that, I wanted to get your input on a restructure of the bo...

Seller News1.JPG Answer Centre1.JPG Discussions1.JPG
  • 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

International Shipping

I really hope one day eBay will alow you to separate U.S. from everywhere else in the world for Flate Rate and Custom. I like to offer Free Shipping to the U.S. but once you Free Shipping in the U.S. then you must put a price for the rest of the worl...

Is Snap Ship down for you all?

As titled. It wouldn't let me login and kept looping back to login screen! Tried both Chrome and Firefox =( Also tried to use shippo and it's giving me a "Couldn't buy label. Only the following characters are accepted in Phone Number: ( ) - . p x, an...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback on shipping to Indonesia appreciated

If anyone has any feedback on shipping to Indonesia during these Covid times I would appreciate hearing it. I have some nice china pieces up right now and I had a query about shipping to Indonesia. If I did it, it would be tracked shipping only. Cana...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! where my buy it now?

I put a buy it now price for my listing but when I look at my listing, theres no buy it now, only bid, someone also messaged me telling me they cant use buy it now, whats going on?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Claims with Canada Post for Undelivered Items

Pretty sure I am not able to claim anything, but I've had some parcels apparently not arrive with some US eBay buyers. Parcels were shipped as Small Packet - Air (no tracking...). So, if an item doesn't arrive in the timeframe it should, buyers want ...

Anyone else having trouble with the new lettermail rates?

So among other things, I tried to send a standard envelope (below 30 g, containing Pokemon cards) today. I had 90 cents worth of stamps on it, using old stamps I'd bought from here on Ebay. But the manager of the Sobeys post office I usually go to in...

• 48 replies
  • 1 helpful

HELP from all sellers! My account is being bombarded with Best Offer "Auto-Updates"!

tyler@ebay please help!In the past week, ebay has "auto-updated" 30 of my listings with "Best Offer", on 3 separate occasions (Jan 23th, 26th, 27th) at 4am, and sent an email telling me which ones they've updated. So far, they seem to be only new lis...

Resolved! stamps on polymailers

Can stamps be placed on polymailers/polybags ?Can it be used to replace envelopes for letter mailing?

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scams with multiple purchases one transaction input needed

I've seen some sellers have claims made with multiple small price purchases with one buyer through feedback and on the odd forum thread. Does this occur a lot in your experiences ? Im considering using the stop buyer function to limit purchases withi...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

EBAY CONTROL!

Hello, my name is eBay and if I don't like what you post on the community board I will create problems for you as a seller. People will be able to see your items, but will have great difficulty actually purchasing your items. You can call in, if you ...

• 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Transaction Defects

Do Transaction Defects ever expire? I have one on my account from ironically following bad advice on the forum relating to handling a buyer who paid for shipping but then arranged pickup in person. Anyway, I digress, but it's been on my account for m...

Resolved! Suspicious Email, buyer requesting refund

So I sold 3 items back in August 2020 to someone in Australia. I sent the items small packet air no tracking to australia to save on money which the buyer was fine about. 4 months later, the buyer messages me requesting a refund and says they haven't...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Detailed Seller Ratings

As most sellers do, I try to keep my record 100% in all categories. I sell only a small number of items, and work with my buyers for the best of all. When I notice a notch in the Detailed Seller Ratings, under Reasonable Shipping Cost it upsets me. I...

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels