Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

What Happened to Ebay Canada.

Ebay.ca is not working properly. I am on ebay.ca and when I select Coins and Paper money the site switches from Ebay.ca to Ebay.com now all the prices are in US. This does not work for me. I need the prices in Canadian like it used to be. How do I st...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Exchange rate fees report

Under managed payments under fees I'm looking for my exchange fee expenses for US$ sales converted into cdn$. But I can't seem to find where that is located? I want to know the amount I actually paid, not how it's calculated.

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to prevent Fraud from Buyers

I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me. Ebay has done nothing but side with the buyer is this case. Every time I call or message eBay its a new person and they don't have all the facts. They make decision based on a lack facts and its very f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Switching account, how to get my selling limits removed?

I've been selling on ebay for a long time and have maintained a perfect feedback record throughout, but have recently decided to switch to a new account. This page says "If you have more than one seller account, you may also be able to raise your lim...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments and Personal Bank Account

All: I am always loathe to allow any company to have access to my personal bank account and always prefer to link payments to a credit card. IMHO one gets a extra layer of protection with a credit card. As we all are now forced to use managed payment...

Is there even a point anymore?

I've been on Ebay for approximately 10 years. About 5 years ago I started selling clothing on Ebay.ca. Was doing well, selling 2 or 3 a day for a while. I maxed out my basic store limit and decided since I was doing well to upgrade to the next tier. ...

The sale requirement to become power seller

My question is about the sale requirement to become power seller. In ebay.ca help documents, it is said a seller needs to complete sale of $1000 and 100 transactions, but in my dashboard, it shows that I need to complete sale of $3000 and 100 transac...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! If I refund U.S. buyer they are still out the tax?

Shipped a glass to the U.S. and it arrived broken Feb. 1. They requested a return through eBay Feb.2. I clicked on the link in Overview to see how to proceed and got the message "you have accepted a return". I don't want it returned, I just want to r...

USPS/ Canada Post grind to near dead-stop. Packages taking over a month to receive

Canada Post ground to a near halt now that the union representing the customs processors in Mississauga walked off the job. In addition, the American USPS Chicago and L.A. transit hubs are hopelessly buried in the volume of packages. What this has me...

Tracking I entered does not show up

The tracking number I entered on my "Manage all orders" page does not show up... it only shows up when I click on the Order Details page... anyone else having this problem? I tried to enter it again, but it is still in the field where you add the tra...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay platform terms are designed solely with eBay's financial success in mind. Update your AD terms.

A listing with a powerful and complete terms can ensure the success of your listings with reduced stress on the seller's part and higher probabilities of success.eBay transactions are, to my knowledge, solely between the buyer and seller. This leaves...

Odd. Ebay Activated Offers on a Listing

I had a weird thing occur. Ebay unilaterally activated accepting offers on a simple fixed price listing. I got this email about this awesome thing they did for me, with a minimum offer floor at half my price -----------------Your chances of selling h...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

February promo on ebay.CA -- 100000 free listings

Check your promo section on the ebay.CA seller hub to see if you got it (this was also a promo in December and January). This promo is for eBay.CA The following categories are excluded: Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Vehicles & Trailers, RVs & Campers, ...

final value fee confusion

I thought the final value fee is 10% of the total sale amount?? For all my sales, its consistently 10.5% of the total sale amount?? Yes, I'm aware the shipping is included in the total amount. I always use free listings with no insertion fees whats g...

Thermal Printer Canada Post and Shippo

Hello, Curious if anyone has managed to use a thermal printer via Shippo Canada post? I have a rollo thermal printer and having difficulty making this work. I have set up the Shippo default settings to 4 x 6 thermal printer and carrier to Canada Post...

Resolved! How can Canadian Seller offer free shipping?

I'm wondering how a Canadian seller offer free shipping to all Canada as the lowest shipping (if I want tracking) I ever paid is 17$ and highest for smallest possible item to a remote region ended up to be 28$. I understand that some includes shippin...

Downloading Reports not working?

The reports you can D/L from the seller hub don't seem to be working for the past few days I've been trying. Just says 401 Unauthorized: Temp URL invalid in the spreadsheet. Is there another way to get them? Sure would be nice to know how much GST I ...

Canadian seller

Few years ago as a Canadian seller I was making sales daily . I decided due to lose of job was to try selling again on ebay.ca I have alot listed and noone is buying even though I am offering a lower price than everyone who listed same item and I eve...

Resolved! Income Tax Question - Shipping and eBay Fees

Hi there. Not sure if anyone can answer this or not. With Income Tax coming up just wanted to see if anyone can clarify for me about Input Tax Credits in regards to Shipping Fees and eBay. I have a GST #. If I get charged more by Canada Post for a sh...

Defect and affect on sales.

I have noticed that any time I get a defect for not being able to find an item I sold, and have to refund the buyer, my sales stop for a while. It doesn't happen too often but I have had 3 in the past year and it is really noticeable that sales stop....

Resolved! Shipping times in Canada not being adjusted

Frustrated with Ebay as of lately.Between all the software changes and errors . lost sales do the crawler not even picking up items listed.Thats petty anyways !!! why?? do they still insist on having letter mail delivery show as one day to a week exp...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 5 helpful
Labels