Forum Posts

EBAY SUCKS and LIES, EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!

This is sent to me Dec.3, 2013 Dear Andy,Congratulations! You've achieved Top-rated seller status under the global seller performance standards program.Your commitment to customer service lets you reap the greatest rewards of the Top-rated seller pro...

New guy Here looking for Any Information..

Hey Guys. Im new to the ebay market and very eager to learn the online selling process, i do lots of sales based out of my home via fb kijiji etc but wanted to open up to ebay,amazon etc... I figured id start here as i heard its easier.I did my first...

Require seller input on combined shipping fees Ebay charging

I wrote a while back but did not get any info from any oneSo here I am asking again with a issue I now been having past 2 months with no results.I may not be the only one with issue so I am asking is any one else having the same problem. With shippin...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Strange message from eBay

Have noticed that for a few days I get a message from eBay We've relisted your item for free when I create and submit absolutely new listing Why so strange message? This is not the "unpaid item" case when system relists for free I am on eBay.ca

• 4 replies
  • 2 helpful

Is Registered Mail good enough?

I've recently been attempting to sell some loose Pokemon Nintendo DS games (within Canada) and they are so small that they fit really well in a bubble mailer. I had planned to ship lettermail, but was wondering if I'll receive my payment quickly with...

Buyer has not paid and my item has been removed

Hello, I have accepted an offer from a buyer but have not received the payment after 2 days. Then my item has been removed for an unknown reason so I am unable to open a case. What should I do? I do not want to pay fees for this item Thank you, Olive...

PayPal now requires you to upload your Canadian Tax Return to prove your address

Warning to all Canadian PayPal business users. Paypal apparently has a new policy that asks you to confirm your identity due to new Govt. of Canada rules. This is not a scam, hoax or phising thing, this is legit from PayPal. The only way that they wi...

Challenge Your Buyers

3 times this holiday season I have had buyers message me with some kind of complaint. All 3 times I have challenged these people to actually return the item for a full refund and magically their problem has resolved itself. The following is my last e...

• 5 replies
  • 6 helpful

Is anyone having problems with Canada Post Lettermail delay delivery?

Has anyone else experienced delays when using Canada Post Lettermail? Usually it takes 1-1.5 weeks to reach anywhere in Canada. I have had multiple complaints about late delivery now selling items shipping via CPL and things I have ordered via CPL ar...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Does anyone here have any information on photographic slides?

Quite a while ago I purchased a set of photograpic 35 mm slides in a folder of Indians dated from 1878-1919 (the pictures not the actual slides). I just have no idea how to list them, value etc. I have searched the Internet but there is nothing simil...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Canada Post shipping question

I have not sold anything in a year or more. I decided to try selling again some items I have. Just listed 10 items a couple of days ago. Sold one.I went to Canada Post site and logged in with my old CP account. I want to send Expedited Parcel within ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Make an offer

Buyer made an offer and when received invoice decides not to buy! when it's a BIN i cancel order but in this case i realy dont want to, advice ?

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Overseas buyer....is this a scum?

This buyer from Italy has contacted me to buy an item and he/she doesn't care about the shipping cost which is close or over 250.00 dollars.I am having a bit of cold feet here. Called eBay to have a feel of what they have to say about this person and...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Here we go again.....shipping delays and claims.

Why doesn't eBay step in and extends the time before a buyer can open a claim for item not received yet , when tracking shows the item is still in transit. eBay must be aware of the chaos that the postal system is in at this moment( between Covid, Ho...

• 30 replies
  • 2 helpful

Combined invoice for buyer from UK

Buyer from England asked me on combined shipping cost and liked the numbers I offered, then he has purchased items.I am trying to generate an invoice either overriding the amount produced by system, or entering a discount.After I press SEND INVOICE a...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Process to refund possibly lost shipment to Mexico

I typically only ship to the US and Canada but a buyer in Mexico asked if I could ship there. The shipping was similar to so agreed and I used ChitChats which handed it off to USPS Priority a couple of days later. I dropped it off on Nov 25 and now 5...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How much can I sell before my money is considered a wage and is taxable?

Hi, Simple question, I'm cleaning the house and I have old items that are now worth quite a lot (undamaged rare video games). I wanna sell them, and I expect that when I'm done I may be close to 10000$. Will I have to pay taxe on this revenue, as I'm...

heads up for store subscribers!

Throughout 2020 the bonus 10k/50k/75k listings for store subscribers were good on both .ca and .com. As of today if you have a store on .ca they only apply to your .ca listings, not .com. On .com you are still getting the old allotment for your store...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can other sellers see our eBay messages?

Yesterday I had a buyer asking about a pattern I was selling, she needed another picture, which I did. Today I asked if she saw that I had added the picture to the listing and she told me that another seller offered her the pattern at a big discount,...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadapost Status Update Page

Delivery network status updates: Updated approximately every 3 days.These daily updates provide current information about the status of our processing and delivery network in urban centres during peak season. The information allows you to make inform...

email message from United States Postal Service USPS

Hi-I thought I'd share this in the hope someone can help and maybe help others.I sent a package-small Packet- to California on December 28 and received the following email from USPS today, Jan1 2021 : Your Package Waiting For DelivryDear Customer.You...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Refund with Snap Ship labels?

Hi, just curious if anyone has cancelled Snap Ship shipping labels before. I made an error with the label so debating between just correcting the label itself versus cancelling and printing a new one. I did find this info about cancelling a label, ex...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer requirements glitch?

I check my buyer requirements activity every few days, I often get buyers trying to purchase from countries to which I don't ship to. I checked yesterday, and found one that was to the US. I have always sold to the US. I checked the listing, and it w...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Strange ... My Promoted Listings Campaign Unexpectedly Ended On New Year's Eve.

Late in the evening on New Year's Day I looked in on my traffic stats and was surprised to find PL impressions virtually non existent for the day ... odd. Upon further investigation I found that my one and only PL campaign that had been running conti...

Push Notifications Not Working

Not sure if anyone else has been having this problem, but push notifications have not been working for me on the app since yesterday evening. I never have them off, but for some reason they went off on their own. Whenever I go into settings to bring ...

Resolved! Buyer requested invoice for 2 items then added another item

i have a buyer who put 2 items in her cart, requested an invoice through eBay from me, then bought another item. The invoice request just shows 2 items, can I just go ahead and invoice her for all 3? I can’t see how to add the extra item. Also, this ...

Labels