Forum Posts

Resolved! Selling using Listing Templates on ebay

I use the eBay Listing Templates Which I have already set up in advance. its a great time saver most of the time! All I have to do is change a photo and the price etc! But I am very very forgetful nowadays, and I just keep typing things in the templa...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

another GOOD TILL CANCELLED RANT.. let it fall on deaf ears...

Compared to prior 31 daysCompared to same period a year ago12.0%DownYou>10.0%DownMarket13.0%DownYou>10.0%UpMarket so it has only been 9 days since, the true value of GTC can be calculated, as the items are now over 31 days old.. and auto-relisted.. B...

• 35 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! Selling

As I am no longer a business seller due to ill health and aging problems 'Memory etc' , all my listings go into the 'collectables' category.. I have compared the 'Collectables' listing sales with the 'All Categories' Listings sales and it is obvious ...

Goddes_3955.JPG IMG_3936.JPG IMG_3946.JPG june 22nd pats figures 026.JPG
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

WHAT DO THESE TRAFFIC STATS MEAN??

In the Traffic section in my Seller Hub.... On 819 listings from Sept.29th-Oct.27th. I have 177,315 Listing Impressions on eBay A Click-Through Rate average of 2.5% and Listing page views, 4,591 What does this mean? I'm assuming the Listing page view...

Invoives over 18 months old frustration

Has anyone has luck getting invoices over 18 months old? I find it's odd when everyone has to be able to produce 7 years of history in Canada eBay can only give me 18 months. I've called in several times and I keep getting told I'll have them in 24 h...

Can't Relist (auto or otherwise) because ebay added extra nonsense Item Specific fields to listings

I had 14 listings 'fail' to auto-relist last night when they ended. I immediately suspected this had something to do with the new nonsense fields ebay has added under Item Specifics but it's more insidious than that. (See https://community.ebay.ca/t5...

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 3.37.05 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 3.37.35 AM.png
  • 13 replies
  • 2 helpful

Drafts not saving on MacBook Pro?

Is anyone else having trouble saving drafts when using a MacBook (latest OS)? Since yesterday (Oct. 29), when I click "save draft", the reticulating circle pops up on the screen but never completes the save...just stays that way for infinity. I've tr...

Annoying Sellers Wanting Feedback

I just may start looking for other online 'stores' as many ebay sellers are getting ridiculous with sending annoying emails wanting feedback. Isn't this a voluntary program? Why all this 'neediness' for self aggrandizement. If a seller doesn't give m...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

VIEW COUNTER IS BROKEN!

I noticed today that the view(s) counter isn't updating. I noticed when using different browsers and going from eBay.CA to eBay.COM that the view counter isn't updating the views. Check item # 274047466476 it seems to be stuck at 333. Anybody else no...

shipping refund issues for returned items

Please advise if you have any info on this. Thank you!!Seller for over 12 years, but this is a new issue for meI'm in Ontario and use Canada post. Having buyers from the US ask to return items lately, and want me as the seller to pay the return shipp...

I can't believe this!

So, I don't sell many packages within Canada, postage is too high, just a few letter mail. So, I didn't expect to use any free Tuesday CP shipping.True to form, 4 Tuesday's go by with nothing. Then today I get THREE Canadian packages, so I get to use...

• 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Are There Any Benefits for Being a Top Rated Seller?

I read that you get free promotion credits? Is this true? Anything else?I find it difficult to know how I achieved top rated status, what the benefits are, and it seems easy to lose it with one or two bad transactions....Does anyone even really care?

wrong currency conversion on sending offer

Just to let all know to be sure to check the currency conversion from US to Canadian $$ on your . com listing when you send an offer to a watcher. On .com I lowered the price of an item from $50 US to $45 US, but the Canadian $$ was shown as $34.44 a...

Time to list in Canadian Dollars.

In the "good old days" eBay.ca has always recommended listing in US$ instead of Cdn$ on the basis that Canadian sellers would have more chance of success listing in US$. Times are changing. Today, during the Weekly Board Hour, eBay.ca advises: "In a ...

• 150 replies
  • 1 helpful

Friday Smile!!

Had a dream last night that instead of the shipping supplies coupon we currently receive it would be replaced by a coupon for "gummies" but in very limited flavours. I guess if that is not to your personal preference, Just say no to "gummies" !! -Lot...

Revising a Listing and Ebay is Trying to Charge a Fee! (Offer was sent, and Accepted)

I often adjust my prices in my listings, update a descriptions or add a photo to stay competitive, or to get rid of old stock. Ebay never charges for this. Today for the first time, I tried to revise a listing and it keeps trying to charge me a .34 c...

Sold item but suspicious sale

So a buyer messaged me wondering if an item was still available etc. and the messaged seemed a bit suspicious. I said yes and they replied that they will buy with their other account. I then get an email saying the item sold. I looked at the account ...

eBay Updates

Okay, so about twice a year eBay feels compelled to make "improvements" to its various processes and rules. Recent changes to item descriptions and categories are forcing me to spend hours relisting each item individually, rather using the bulk relis...

Resolved! Buyer wants to change address.

Just had a sale and payment for a craft book, then a message asking me to mail to S. Korea, not the US address given. Only 1 feedback. I explained that I have to mail to the address given on Paypal, now I am not sure about it. I have Korea on my bloc...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

A Sad Day... So long, it's been good to know you!

Tomorrow I will be shutting down the eBay store I've run for nearly 12 years. It's a sad day for me, but certainly not an unexpected one. I saw this coming quite some time ago, it's just that the last few months have made a final decision unavoidable...

• 21 replies
  • 24 helpful

About Free Pickups

Does anyone know if CPO Free Pickups are for pickups ordered on Tuesdays this month for the next day, or if they're for packages picked up on Tuesdays only.A third possibility is that free pickups are applied to all packages this month and not limite...

Seller Shaming / Abuse

I am often fascinated that buyers sometimes take the time to private message me to express disdain for inflated prices on rare/htf items, or chastise me for selling items that I received as a gift with purchase. Why do they do this? If they really wa...

Labels