Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Failed PAYOUTS

I have been a power seller for years and top rated. I have not received ONE CENT in 6 weeks from Ebay because of their issues with banks. I have called 6 times and it has been the poorest customer service I have ever seen. I have paused my 4200+ list...

Held funds !

So I sold something a couple of weeks back , and eBay put a hold on funds as I haven’t been active for a while .. fair enough. I shipped item, -and Uploaded tracking . Then I get a message saying that funds will be held for a month as delivery postco...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Free shipping in October....sort of and maybe

Canada Post has made no announcement whether we will get a free shipment in October as we have for the last few years.For those unaware of this perk, it was one Regular Parcel each Tuesday of the month Which is a nice freebie.But for those who rarely...

Listing left in store after being sold

I sold an item yesterday from an offer I sent. Today I am looking through my listings for ones to send an offer to, and here is the one I sold yesterday! This had happened to me several times and it means a cancellation and an apology and explanation...

• 14 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Buyer purchases, but asks to text before paying?

I have had 2 buyers recently that ha e purchased and item, but messaged through eBay to text them first.The first said they had questions about the item before paying, so to text them so they can have them answered.I responded back immediately and sa...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chit Chats: odd behaviour of their shipping calculator

I opened a Chit Chats account. I'm now trying various package sizes and weights to see their rates to various destinations. I also found that the shipping calculator has some unexpected behaviour. For example: For a package 36 x 12 x 7 cm, it's 410 g...

Resolved! Just got defrauded on a $1500 USD transaction.

Just need to vent a bit, I know this will go nowhere...ebay just closed a case against me (after letting me know in an email no less that the case was closed FOR me previously). Buyer clearly scammed me by claiming item not as described (classic scam...

Chit Chats shipping to U.S. and International - do you tape an invoice to outside of package?

I plan to use Chit Chats for some upcoming listings. Chit Chats recommends that all shipments to US or International have an invoice on the outside of the package. How do I create an invoice? Is there a way to do that in eBay for my items? Do you put...

Shipping to blocked country

A couple of years ago when shipping costs increased I decided to sell to just US and Canada. A couple of times a buyer from Australia has contacted me asking if they could purchase an item, I have tried, but it hasn't worked because Australia is bloc...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Charges on Canadian items shipped to US

Does anyone know ar what dollar limit the US start charging duties on items shipped from Canada. Have a very nice potential buyer asking. I indicated to her that most states have easy collect sales tax but was not sure about other. This item will be ...

American claiming refund - Once again

I made a post like 2-3 months ago about starting to notice a tendency from americans to claim INR refunds. Always the $40-60 packages range. Funny it's never cheap orders. Well it's still actuality. It starts to be a problem. Today i got a claim on a...

How are you managing through?

My fellow Canadians, how are you managing through 2 main factors of selling? 1 - Americans seem to be less interested in cross-border shopping. 2 - Dealing with the huge increase in cost with cross-border shipping on small, inexpensive items such as ...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

ChitChats North Vancouver Closing - How Many Others?

I literally JUST moved to North Vancouver on Saturday, and I got an email today announcing the North Vancouver ChitChats branch is closing! DOH!I am trying to figure out if this is because ChitChats as a company is losing money, and they need to trim...

Ebay re: shipping charges. Make up your MIND please

So just before Sept, Ebay sent a notice that shipping costs as of SEPT 1 would be deducted at time of customer payment, and not on shipment. Fine with me, saves ridiculous currency exchanges which cost money. So of course, Sept 12th rolls around and ...

New feature - Promoted listings advanced

Another feature added without any news or information.Seems to be a pay per click promoted listed. With posibility to cap the payment. Just the idea about getting charged fees on items not selling. I don't like it.But anyone tested or have feedbacks ...

Shipping to Netherlands with small packet air

Has anyone tried entering the UR number for small packets to Europe and if so, did any type of tracking show up on eBay? I did ship using small packet air to the Netherlands earIier today and am undecided if I should enter the UR number. If I enter t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay system thinks im a bot

I have 3 accounts and using all them on alternate. I switch from my seller to my buyer account very often to source/list/price/etc. My informations are registered in my browser so i can switch from an account to another fast. Often i have to pass a v...

Buyer disputing a purchase on another account

Long story short, I sold a sports memorabilia card that I'd purchased from another ebay seller 4-5 months prior for around $1000 Canadian through ebay about 2 months ago. The item is backed by ebay's authenticity guarantee program. The item gets to t...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Local pickup. But, my phone OS is too old to install eBay app. Can I enter code on web site?

Hello all. I want to allow local pickup for some items (and maybe even cash payment upon pickup). I understand that the buyer would show me a message from eBay containing a QR code and also a numeric code, either of which could be used by me with the...

Labels
Most Helpful Authors