Forum Posts

Resolved! How do I change all my listings to eBay Canada?

Currently right now all my listing is on the US website and all of my items are being shipped state side from a warehouse located on the other side of the border. But after one crossing on the border, I felt like I was being harassed by the US custom...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping info

EBay should require buyers of sellers to give a phone number.Constantly have to send several emails to buyers.Phone numbers are required to complete customs infoMake it part of the sale information

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

Followup business question

I recently sold a number of books to a buyer, and after receiving some positive feedback they provided me a list of additional books they are looking to buy if I happen to come across them. I'm not one to turn down the possibility for repeat business...

Auctions: are they worth it?

Is anyone using auction style much? Do you have much luck with them?I recently had a promo for free auction style only listings so I did a trial of 20 listings, 7 day length, no reserve, and minimum bid typically $4.99.5 of them sold2 sold with the B...

• 10 replies
  • 2 helpful

Valied Shipping

When I tried to make a new listing and I get "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Services - At least one valied (not right spelling?) shipping must be specified." I made a new listing from a similar and delete one mail service. I use ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post International Shipping woes

Good Day, Has anyone noticed any recent issues with Canada Post Small Packet Air service? This service does not provide tracking, however it has been fairly reliable for me. However in the last 2 months they have failed me. I have had at least 4 buye...

Using eBay's suggested category in File Exchange

Hey guys! I list about 300 new items every months in almost as many categories using file exchange. When listing items individually directly on eBay, you can easily get the item's category using eBay's suggested category. Using file exchange, I don't...

Resolved! Cancelled Orders - Paypal Now Charging Fee?

I've recently had 3 cancelled orders in the past couple of weeks (all buyer requests due to mistakes or buyer's remorse) - and each time I've refunded, PayPal has kept 30 cents. I don't recall having to pay a fee previously - maybe I just haven't not...

Did Promoted Listings Kill My Sales?

(See attached image) or https://i.redd.it/ldpdbq4jf9331.pngBackground: I never really used them before but at the beginning of May I ran a heavy Promoted Listings campaign. Although I never got many clicks or any sales through them my sales were doin...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

My sales way down

Is it only me, my sales down 50% this month? Haven\t changed anything and have some great interesting things for sale

eBay please fix your buggy return policy email!

951 of your listings have an unsupported return policy. Listings with unsupported return policy will not be automatically re-listed. Learn more about our new return policy guidance.14 day returns are still allowed in the stamp category the last time ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal transfers.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/06/money-finally-arrives-in-your-account-after-harrowing-5-day-transfer/ TORONTO – Overcoming seemingly impossible odds after having faced a gruelling heroic journey deep within the bowels of the financial system, th...

Shipping to Europe Untracked

Hello: Have some low value items that I want to sell. I would just ship by regular air mail without tracking. Is there any countries in Europe that you would definitely not ship to. Yes, I know tracking is my protection, but for what they are worth, ...

Resolved! Charging Sales Taxes on Used Items

Hello. Can anyone tell me what taxes I should be charging to domestic buyers for used items?I sell used 35mm slides, photographes and other ephemera.Should it be GST/HST, PST or both?Up to now, I have not been charging tax and was willing to “eat” th...

Resolved! GST/HST on shipping?

Hi, I recently registered for a GST/HST number and starting Jan 01, 2016 I need to charge and remit GST/HST.Does anyone know if I need to charge GST/HST on top of my Shipping Fees or just on the Final Value Fees?Some sellers seem to charge GST/HST ju...

Signin syndrome is back again....

Since yesterday afternoon:-if my laptop sits at a give screen for a while and I move to another screen like open auctions, or items ready to ship-often when I refresh a screen (normally "myebay")-if I switch to a window/screen on the other site. Beca...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Non-Paying Bidder - How many strikes before they are booted out??

I just had a buyer that didn't pay so I filed an NPB with ebay. After 4 days closed the case and should be getting a fee credit which I haven't seen posted on my account yet. But that's not the problem here. This buyer has multiple sellers that have ...

Resolved! "sponsored" listings

Hello Tyler,In preparation for listing of one of my postcards I made an advanced search in category "collectibles" dialing words ZHIGULI STORMY DAYAnd I received the same listing shown twice, but one of them is marked "SPONSORED"Same item number for ...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Fear and Loathing- GTC edition

I ran across this in today's reading: He believed that consumers are torn between two opposing forces: neophilia, a curiosity about new things; and neophobia, a fear of anything too new. As a result, they gravitate to products that are bold, but inst...

Shipping Letter Post Over Seas

I'm thinking of sending a small plastic item via letter post. I'd put it in a well padded envelope which would be roughly under 2cm thick and well under 100 grams and just stick a bunch of stamps on there. I'm only thinking about shipping method and ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Promoted listings in solds bug

In the last week or two in the mobile app I have had for sale promoted listings showing up in the sold results when i'm trying to value items. It's very confusing seeing these for sale items mixed in with the solds. Is there a way to remove them from...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Increasing Sales In My Store

Hello. I need advice on how to increase traffic & sales in my store Oocypeanut's Dee-lites.:) I sell mainly uncut sewing patterns & a few miscellaneous items like cross stitch kits. I was doing all right with sales up until about 6 months ago but, si...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! GTC Listings

I am not a big fan of this change but like all eBay changes it was forced upon us like it or not. Is there any quick, fast way to determine how many GTC listings you have?

Labels