Forum Posts

Shippo for non eBay items

I've tried to use Shippo of non-eBay items a number of times but unless I can import items I always run into a glitch. When I try to buy the label I get the message that I can't do so because the shipper (CPO) isn't supported (or something like that)...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

January 2019 Canada Post price increases

The page with links:https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=service_and_price_ch Big change will be increasing the weight limit from 1kg to 2kg for USA Small Packet and Tracked Packet. This will bring them in line with the Internatio...

CPC2019 canada.png CPC2019 usa-intl.png
  • 82 replies
  • 16 helpful

Zee-Chan's Excellent Postage Chart

Hi@zee-chan Would it be possible for you to update the postage chart you make every year. I know you are busy but maybe when you have a bit of time - I use your chart all the time. Thanks, Judith

• 3 replies
  • 4 helpful

Feedback for canceled items?

Recently I have had some buyers who purchase, pay and then cancel almost immediately. When I go to list feedback, these sales are still there waiting for feedback. Do I leave feedback saying item was canceled? What does eBay want us to do about feedb...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

The concept of Auctions vs BIN!!

For those who remember the days of crazy, seat of your pants Auction listings. I stumbled across this ended item recently and gave me a bit of chuckle. Because bidding wars are seldom the norm, all my listings are BIN. Possibly early retirement for t...

Resolved! Why are my listings being changed?

Good-morning: Why is eBay changing my Ads on their Own and then sending me a email about it and if I do not like it I can change my preferences, eBay has done this to me now 3 times since the beginning month. My Ads are their posted for .99 cents why...

Canada Post Updated Options

Canada Post has added additional Weight options for Tracked Packet USA. Was up to One KG. previously. Now available up to 2 KG. I am unable to update current Listings to offer Tracked Packet in higher Weight Classes or offer in new Listings. Keeps me...

Canada Post International Parcel Air tracking and insurance

Canada Post International Parcel Air according to Canada Post: -> does not have tracking-> has $100 insurance (can even buy more) How is it possible to get insurance without tracking? If the buyer doesn't receive the item, how do I claim the lost par...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay charging taxes from US buyers? And keeping it?

Hey guys! I just sold something to a WA state buyer and it has the message -----------eBay note: This total includes tax that eBay is required to collect from your buyer. You can view the amount paid to you in the sales record." underneath the sale.-...

Shipping questions and the new postal rates in the US.

I sell CD's on both .com and .ca. On both I have been using flat rate shipping amounts for both US and Canada. The shipping in Canada has gone up 18 cents, so I will probably over time raise my shipping by 25 cents. For the US, I am using chit chat a...

For those who use USPS - Rates change on Jan. 27

There is an announcement about this on the .com announcement board although it doesn't have a lot of specifics. The most major change that I know of is that first class rates will be based on both weight and distance. Right now they are just based on...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Promo: Sell for $1

It's been mentioned before on the Boards but now it's live: https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/0112/selling.html Skip to main contenteBayShop by categoryEnter your search keyword All CategoriesAntiquesArtAutomotiveBabyBooksBusiness & IndustrialCameras ...

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.11.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.13.07 AM.png
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking problems with International parcel service.

Over August and September I was happy to receive several sales from buyers in European countries.... Finland, Norway, UK, and Ireland... One week ago a buyer in Finland said.. there appears to be a problem.. Tracking from Winnipeg... got as far as Mo...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Gouging, Gouging GONE!

It just amazes me how Canada Post is getting away with what it charges for shipping. In this day and age, seniors and people who are struggling financially want to find a way to make extra money. Once upon a time, they had found ways, on eBay. Now, w...

Self insurance (cookie jar) RICARMICs statistics to 2018

It is that time of year again!!!.... Overall Notes:-I live in the stamp collectors world, so these results are all from postage stamp selling categories-prior to 2018 I sold only on .COM. Beginning 2018 Canadian centric stuff is listed on .CA, everyt...

• 0 replies
  • 7 helpful

Resolved! Buyer claims can't use PayPal and currency wrong

So a buyer in the US made an offer on an item, I accepted and then I was waiting for payment.His English was ok but he couldn't properly string words together and would use very vague abbreviations, which makes it hard to understand.Anyways, he claim...

Paypal Cases

Has anyone had a case (Unauthorized Transaction) opened against them recently by Paypal for an eBay transaction? Had one opened this morning for a sale processed/paid Dec 17th. Shipped same day and delivered Dec 24th by Expedited in Canada. Case open...

Tracking Trouble

Im having trouble with the Ebay site and wonder if anyone knows a solution? In the past couple days we've shipped about 25 tracked items. For each one we generate a shipping label directly with Canada Post then upload the tracking. First we send the ...

Buyer Returned Item due to not fitting, Do I refund the original Shipping cost - it is $50 HELP !

Hello, I hope someone can help we decide. I am in Canada. I have had 2 footwear return this week due to not fitting the customer. All was correct in Ad. So, the first was $17 shipping she paid on original purchase of $100, I returned the $17, as I fe...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I get a buyer's e-mail address to send them an invoice for shipping?

How do I get a buyer's e-mail address to send them an invoice for shipping? I had a buyer purchase 2 items near the beginning of December. She wanted to pick them up locally to save on shipping. She paid for the items through PayPal even though I wan...

Filing a Claim for Lost Packages

I have had two tracked parcels go MIA with Canada Post. They were from the Xmas backlog. They both have no tracking updates after acceptance.One was an eBay sale to the US - the other was a gift. I used my business discount at the counter. I can use ...

Comparison of shipping label rates

Been trying to set up Canada Post as a carrier on Shippo.Fumbling with the API numbers with 'development' vs 'production'.Still can't get it to work.Apparently 'test mode' in shippo doesn't produce the real rate thatwill be on the label anyway. Does ...

NEW SELLER OVERVIEW

I hate the NEW Seller Overview look and hope you either get rid of it or keep it far far back as an option-Do not get rid of your CLASSIC view as it suits me just fine--Like they say-IF IT WORKS-DON"T CHANGE IT!!! Just my opinion-Happy 2019 to all!!

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

To check settings

Dear Sellers,I got subsequently notes from two UK buyers that they were not able to get a button "ask seller for a total" when purchasing with cart.But similar experience with US buyers was good. I want to check how I am programmed about "combined sh...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Canada Post Possible Stike

What happens now that orders are in the mail with a possible expected delivery date of September 30 and early October, what happens if not received there is no way of knowing whether these items will be received after strike is over. Will eBay delay ...

• 600 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Got this message - never seen it before

“eBay note: This total includes tax that eBay is required to collect from your buyer. You can view the amount paid to you in the sales record.” I know now that some of the States has to collect sales tax (as I understand it it is a real mess). But I ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels