Forum Posts

Shipping Advice: Padding

I'm looking to start selling manga as part of my web store on eBay, and I would like to get some feedback on whether or not a light paperback book requires padding, such as bubble wrap, to make it safely through the mail. If wrapped in plastic and se...

Looking for shipping advice from Chit Chat Shippers

Hi everyone, to anyone that uses Chit Chats to ship. I'm still pretty new to selling on EBay and would like any advice on the best way to set my shipping details when posting my items. Any other shipping advice would be helpful too. Thanks in advance

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Best Offers expiring sooner?

Sounds good to me as a seller. I’d like to shorten my counteroffers to be valid 12 hours or less. Also, a shorter Best Offer window means those sellers who prefer to ignore insulting offers altogether get to ignore them for a shorter amount of time.W...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Leaving Store open while on Vacation - The Results

I was on vacation out of the country from Dec 19 to Jan 5/19. Internet not available. I put on vacation settings, did not hide my listings and changed it to a 15 day handling period with an out of office reply that I would be mailing out on Jan 7/19....

Refund/Returns Advice

All: Curious is it better as a seller of relatively low value items but with high postage costs to accept returns and refunds with "buyer pays". Of course doesn't protect you from INR or SNAD, but wonder if it makes it harder for a scammer to game th...

Question about native Canadian tax policy

I have a question about Native Canadian tax policy.A customer just purchased several items from me and made a note saying that she is a status native & reside on Rama First Nation reserve in Ontario, and she asked for refund of taxThe situation is al...

Shipping to different zones in Canada

As a seller in Ontario, I find that Canada Post has lower rates to ship an item to Ontario or Quebec than to BC or Newfoundland. Hoe do sellers deal with this issue or how do I indicate this in my ad?

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

year end inventory

Hi all! I lost my cheat sheet to show me how to get my year end inventory. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hit with a Defect not close to my fault

Hi Everyone Just throwing this out there, I sold a food item, which I clearly stated was not to be eaten was a prop had expired and was a collector’s item. The buyer didn’t read this information ,bought the item and 2 weeks later complained to Ebay t...

Change to ebay logo again

Now the logo has changed from the all red back to the multi colours. Much better - the all red was like a Target store, or Canada Day or the Red Cross or Coca Cola or ........... Brand recognition is important - don't know why they changed it to the ...

• 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

recap on a sale gone wrong

Recently I sold an expensive item to a buyer in BC to be shipped from Quebec. The buyer wanted me to use Purolator . I said no BEFORE he bought the item. Once he bought it he said he wanted me to use Purolator with his account number and I told him I...

• 26 replies
  • 0 helpful

I thought it was spam

I got an email from AZ yesterday telling me they were sending me money. I thought it was spam because I couldn't remember selling any of the books I have listed there.Well, apparently I did, my records show I shipped on November 28.The AZ notice does...

‘eBay Could Punish Suspected Fakes in Search Results’

“An eBay patent describes a method to reduce counterfeits for sale on its website, and if implemented, it could impact search visibility. When a seller attempts to list a particular brand, the system would match authenticity criteria contained in eBa...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Ebay rates

Hi , I'm a new ebay seller and I recently noticed that I get charged10 % for any item I sell , is there a better deal ?

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Brokerage fees versus customs, duties, and taxes (shipping to U.S. from Canada)

Hi all. I sold an item to a U.S. buyer for $1,400 Canadian, but this was when Canada Post was just going on strike. So I told the buyer 24 hours in advance that I'd likely have to ship via Purolator. I didn't hear anything back, so I went ahead and s...

Merry Christmas! Can someone help me remember who the vintage game cartridge sellers are here?

Happy Christmas, everyone. We gifted the kids vintage Nintendo systems as gifts this year and I'd like to source a few more games in coming months to keep things interesting. Can someone help me remember who the sellers are that come to ebay Canada C...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paid For Expedited Label Through PayPal For Canada But Takes You To USPS Site

I paid for an Expedited label through PayPal for Canada but it takes you to the USPS Site when you click on the number. It is a valid number because if I put it into Canada Post's tracking system it shows clearly that it is on it's way to the destina...

WHO does this make sense to?

So the long hard fight on the "best offers" being auto added to listings I just call in every couple of days as i'm not wasting my time taking them off and on the road most of the time and its a real pain to find them on iphone. So when I call in, th...

Boxing day sales ideas/plans

So I'm mulling over what I'm gonna do for my boxing week plans.I don't have a store so I can't just apply discounts.I was thinking of buy one get one half off or for my underperforming items bundle them together to sell as one lot, especially for ite...

hacked account not being shut down by ebay

how do these accounts stay up for so long without anything being done .. this is all being done by the same user .. BRAND NEW Nintendo Switch Console 32GB Red Joy Cons & Super Mario Odyssey BUNDLE - 143 $ .. 60 sold in 1 hour . 100 + since listing cr...

Resolved! Frustrated with underpaid shipping

I keep getting messages to say I owe for underpaid shipping. I mailed 2 packages last week, I measured very carefully and then add a cm to each measurement and added 10 grams to the weights, and both have come back with underpaid postage. I am wonder...

• 37 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller hubs are down???

Can't get on either .CA or .COM Have cleared cache already..... no change.... Am on Windows 10 using Chrome. Was getting this for a while:We ran into a problem, but we're working on it. Please try later. Hmm of course now it just came up, mostly, som...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

Issues with invoices.

I am a new seller and am getting the most annoying run around from the pre-written ebay help guide about invoices.Constantly asking me to click links that don't exist with no workaround.There is no "Actions" drop down menu beside ANY of my sold items...

How to View Watchers for One Store Category Only

Prior to last change made by eBay I could view the number of watchers I had for any store category I chose to view. Now I can't find that option. Is there still a way to view watchers for one category at a time only?

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels