Forum Posts

Resolved! What happens when a buyer sends back something you didn't send them?

Remorse return. Arrived today, opened box. It's not what I sent them. It's beat-up and there's hair stuck to the tape and they kept their 'gift with purchase' which is the least of my concerns. I guess I have to call Customer Service. Groooooooan. Af...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 49 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Shipping from Canada - Calculated shipping not working

The calculated shipping costs from Canada to the USA are not working for my auction. This is the second time I've had this issue, and I'd love to figure out if it is something I did, or if eBay's site is simple broken. The auction is here. I've enter...

• 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay should update Buyer Requirements protect sellers

eBay keep change rules last 10 - 15 years.Every rules they change are gives more protection on buyers side.More and more scammer use that advantage, scam seller items.eBay have done nothing to protect sellers. It is time for eBay update the Buyer req...

• 8 replies
  • 1 helpful

About Defects

I recently read a comment by PJ in response to something or other (can't recall what it was), and I can't relocate the thread. PJ's comment had to do with a new rating system which seems to go back to the old ways where sellers were penalized when bu...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sometimes eBay's glitches make me want to cry...

Earlier today (this morning) we opened up an unpaid item case against a customer for a lot of items that they won and had not paid for. The address that we invoiced them too was in Germany, they are registered in Switzerland. We assumed that they wer...

screenshot1.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer fraud

-The buyer purchased item July 18th. Buyer is from Finland using a COMC mailbox (located in British Columbia).-I mailed item July 19th. (I am in located in Canada, southern Ontario)-Received a message August 17th from buyer stating item has not been ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Holidays

I will be on holidays next week. I see some sellers have a note saying they will be away until a certain date. How do I do this?

Shipping cost - SOS

Dear Sellers, I'm new in ebay and i will start selling some candies. However i'm stuck with the shipping prices of Canada post. The majority of my products are low value ( between 3 & 6 $) .... i thought that i can send small bags/boxes inside a lett...

Anyone familiar with this FVF 80% refund rule?

Last week I had a sale to a local buyer. This doesn't happen often. She sent me a lowball offer but I'm a small potato seller and am thinking it's time to bail on ebay soon and clear out my stock anyway so I accepted. I charge a flat fee for shipping...

• 19 replies
  • 1 helpful

Tracked Packet - USA problems with new "LA" number ??

Anyone else having problems with the new "LA" number for Tracked Packet - USA ? I made 2 labels for 2 different tracked packet - USA on Sunday afternoon. The tracking number started with "LA" instead of "LM". I tried to drop off these 2 packages at 3...

Finally, a US buyer bought something off .ca

Finally, a US buyer bought something off .ca. What I have found is that US buyers usually (99.9%) buy only items listed on .com. Finally made a sale off .ca to a US buyer, time to jump up and down. Too bad it only happens every few months. I have 160...

Where is Tracked Packet option CANADA POST PAYPAL?

Since last year, the option "TRACKED PACKET" has disappeared from Paypal. Yes I've tried to make an invoice from scratch but Paypal does not allow that anymore either. Since "TRACKED PACKET" is a legit method to send items.. and it's a mid range pric...

Question about package reshipping services

Hello!I am a new seller on ebay and I have recently sold my first item. I shipped the item to the address provided by ebay using ebay's shipping label service, and tracking has confirmed that the item has been delivered. I now notice that the place i...

I had to Verify it was me. What a pain

When I try to list something, it redirects me to a page that says verify your identity, and gives me the option to send by text or call. But it's glitched out and keeps reloading so I cant press anything. I tried at least 30 times to redo it and noth...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBAY GLITCH OR EBAY STUPIDITY

Order placed onSunday, Sep 9, 2018 Payment dateSunday, Sep 9, 2018 I live in Canada, ship via CP and physically go to the post office to ship. I never ship on Sundays, my next business day would be Monday. Buyer lives in France. Shipping tracked Pack...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Canada Post Strike Update September 12

From the CUPW website. The members of the union have voted.... CUPW will be in a legal strike position as of September 26 if the parties cannot reach an agreement. Negotiation continues... but ...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Mobile App - List New Item

I started a few drafts today using the mobile app. What's interesting is the new engine that estimates what eBay thinks your item is worth.In the watches category, I started a listing for some hand assembled watches I made. eBay was suggesting I star...

Listing on eBay.com with ebay.ca Store?

I remember before we were able to list to .com with our .ca subscription. For example if we had the anchor store then we would get 10k listings on .ca and 10k on .com Is this not the case anymore?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Are We No Longer Receiving PayPal Payment Notifications?

Hi everyone .... long time I haven't been receiving payment notifications for about a week now. I know this has happened on occasion in the past and then we would receive them all at once. But it's never taken a week to get them. I checked my prefere...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels