Forum Posts

Account Restricted

I am having a problem understanding ebay policies ref restricting seller accounts... I recently had my seller account restricted because Trust and Safety department of ebay noticed activity that could harm the community. I have asked a number of time...

IMG_5651.jpeg

Resolved! I cannot revise my eBay listing

Greetings all,This is my first eBay listing in about 5 years. I have properly re-validated my sales account and I posted my first item. Now I need to make a few adjustments to the ad, however, whenever I click Revise It, I see a big red warning at th...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Deadbeat buyers

Enough eBay! Rant to follow!I have now sold the same item 5 times to deadbeat buyers. The last one required them to accept an offer so payment should have been the next logical step. All the time wasted. I won't relist it again. I actually have lots ...

1950s advertising instead of a proper Item Description

I've noticed an increasing number of sellers of vintage calculators and computers resorting to ludicrous fifties-style advertising instead of providing a useful description of their item, probably because they know nothing about it. Here's an example...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

I noticed a dangerous glitch concerning blocked bidders.

I sent some offers today. On of them went to a blocked bidder. Fortunately, the buyer did not accept it and sent me a counteroffer. I did not realize the buyer was blocked until I tried to accept his offer and an error message did appear. It happened...

• 3 replies
  • 3 helpful

FedEx International Economy Question

I think FedEx International Economy to Canada from the U.S. is to be avoided due to high brokerage fees.Is the reverse true? If I send a $70.00 item via FedEx International Economy to the U.S. from Canada will the customer be charged a brokerage fee?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBay FedEx Label - No Customs Declaration

I am sending an item from Canada to the UK. I have purchased a FedEx label from eBay, but there is only a shipping label (no customs label). Does anyone know what is required for a FedEx international shipment?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Price Increases

Hot off the presses. Price increases for Canadapost. Canadian sellers can't seem to win for losing. Effective Sept 11, 2023. Rates, surcharges, Increase to insurance per 100. Up 0.25. Full details below. https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1692122852027.png

Limitations of delivery area for "Expedited Lite"?

Sold a video game that I had intended to send via Expedited Lite.When I went to print the shipping label Expedited Lite was an option, but the cost was only like 20 cents less than Expedited Parcel (and in excess of $25). Destination was Baker Lake, ...

Resolved! Can't combine orders anymore

Why can't I send an invoice to customers who purchase multiple items anymore?Sometimes I have the option, and many times I don't.I had a customer put an offer in for 15 postcards the other day. I accepted all of them.When I tried to send an invoice, ...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Uploading Video to Listing Option

Hey Everyone.... Not sure I have the correct board, but will post my issue anyway. I have been trying to have resolved via eBay.ca Customer Support since Nov 2022. Since they have not resolved my issue & keep passing it off, thought I would ask here....

Puerto Rico- Tracked Packet USA Glitch- PART 2 Update

Hi, Follow up to my post with the same title Re multiple eBay Label failures trying to print a Tracked Packet USA label to Puerto Rico. (If unfamiliar with this topic it can be found in the August 12, 2023 post) The item in question was a vinyl recor...

Dynamic promoted listing is dangerous

Daily reminder to be careful with this scammy feature. You agree to use it to be competitive, you don't look anymore, and by the time, you're at close to 20% fees added. Never seen the percentage this high. People using it just drive the number up fo...

Resolved! I wish eBay would be consistent with their policy

This has happened a couple of times and it is really annoying. List an item. eBay contacts me a day later to tell me they have removed the item for a policy violation. No problem. Two days later I receive a message from eBay encouraging me to revisit...

Resolved! I am listing on ebay.ca but I can't pick CanadaPost as a shipper for International orders!

Hey there!I haven't sold on ebay.ca in a few months but I've been selling on that site for years now (I am in Canada). When I went to go make my newest listings, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to choose Calculated as a shipping option f...

Screenshot 2023-08-14 142214.png

Resolved! A Canadian question why pay tax after confirm purchase

Here we go, its REALLY hurt our sellers in having this kind of eBayer in our community. A Canadian blast about sales tax at the end of checkout and yet confirmed transaction and paid for it, claimed it should have been informed before commit to buy. ...

• 44 replies
  • 0 helpful

Send feedback revision request

I see you can now ask buyers to revise neutral or negative feedback that you think is unjustified. This is a positive development. Has anyone experience of it?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay shipping help

Hey everyone,I am currently selling some items from my collection(video game) to support my family. However, I recently encountered an issue where a customer selected a $16 option, and I ended up covering the cost myself. How can I prevent this from ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

No way to contact customer service

I have been sitting here navigating the web, all the helpful links, the phone numbers.. no matter what I do or press or say, the automated system both online, and on the phone, will not let me speak to a person. 2 weeks ago, a rep told me to "call ba...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels