Forum Posts

Back again for more help!!!

I sold an item, 191961139962 to a US buyer and it seems that I no longer have this item. Somehow it got relisted by mistake. This is the 2nd time something like this has happened in the past 2 months. The first time, I was able to find the first CD f...

Invoice to buyer to avoid currency conversion

I was reading from a old thread that it is possible as a seller who say for example is a Canadian seller who sells on dot com in US currency to send Canadian buyers a invoice in Canadian dollars converted so the buyer can save on Paypal currency conv...

Wishing to avoid crooked overseas postal people

I have been a victim of item theft by crooked postal people in the past.The last being Italy. Perhaps the model train car scanned as a pasta maker. lolNow I have bids on a laptop coming from Bolivia and Poland.I have a bad feeling already.I have forg...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Guest Buyers

What are your thoughts on Guest Buyers. Often get requests from users with 0 feedback and I assume they are probably guest buyers. So far the experience hasn't been all that positive, buy but don't pay, seem to think Ebay is like Kijiji or Craigslist...

Feedback, Sales Records unresponsive

Gremlins have moved into the Sales Records this morning. I can save to my Sales Record but anything one might access using the drop-down at the side is a no-go. Feedback, Print etc. All roads lead to either this page or Page Not Responding It hasn't ...

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.51.07 AM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

selling cosmetics on ebay canada

I have been thinking about selling cosmetics from Korea to Canada and i dont know where to start could you guys advise me with all the requirements I need to sell cosmetics on from korea to canada?

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

How is a return closed if no action

A buyer started a return, but he has not mailed it yet. He has till March 21 to mail it according to the return data. If he does not mail it on or before the 21 st. does eBay close the return automatically or do I have to do something?

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

No views or sales on popular items

Have been re listing a popular item for a long time. Have had few views, no watchers, so did a little sleuthing. Sellers with the same type item, have in the past had great success. Now upon checking sold items, there have been no sales in this categ...

How do you as a seller respond to Best Offers that come with unsolicited personal information?

I'm not hard-hearted but I am always at a loss as to how to respond to a buyer who adds as part of their Best Offer some kind of hard-luck story. It happens routinely, and has since I began selling here. Generally, if the message comes via Messages a...

• 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

Return requested.

This morning I woke up to a return requested from the US. I sell CD's and apparently the buyer stated that the CD skips. Now the CD looked to be in excellent condition, but I don't test all of them. Sometimes the CD looks perfect but one song usually...

Resolved! Can't find seller detailed rating breakdown

I had a message from a buyer saying that she thinks she might have given me all 1's when she meant to give 5's. I know that in the past I have checked a breakdown of my ratings, but I just can't find it now. Any help would be appreciated.

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! shipping calculator bug

Today when I click on a listing of mine, about 75% of the time it's fine and shows the price, 25% it says calculate and I have to enter zipcode manually, and even then sometimes it takes 2 times for it to do it properly, if I just refresh the page wi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Assistance requested in understanding SfSB Levels

I feel as if the answer must be very obvious but somehow invisible to me. If my current spending is at $2600 then what's the reason I'm still sitting at a Level One? I wasn't even here to look at this, I was trying to find the list of countries not c...

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 10.09.15 AM.png
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal payment pending

Hi, I'm a new seller located in Canada who just sold some video games to a buyer in the U.S. The buyer sent the payment to my PayPal but the payment is still showing as "pending". The message in my PayPal account says This payment is still pending. I...

• 29 replies
  • 0 helpful

What is the best way to ship domestic and abroad?

So I'm ready to start selling. Well almost. I got a scale, packing supplies, photos of the item, researched what I want to price my items at. Now I'm stuck at shipping. After sifting through a ton of information I'm still lost on what's the best way ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Sending a Used iPhone to the USA for the first time - anything I should be aware of?

I'm selling my used iPhone 6 to a buyer in the USA. I'm a bit nervous as this is my first time sending something (especially an iPhone) outside of Canada. Is there anything I need to keep in mind before sending it off? These questions are probably st...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! INCORRECT ADDRESS?

This this a complete address? NAMEBOX 841San Pedro CA 90733United States P.O. BOX? Shouldn't there be a street address? I contacted the buyer but haven't heard back.

I need your thoughts on that one please

I was just watching a video with tips and ideas about selling on ebay.1 Tip that got my attention was to use some misspellings on my titles here and there. Because there are some people who may be looking for items like mine but not sure how to spell...

paypal sucks

it limited me. I purchased something and automatically there is an issue. And trying to fix it and all. It says my bank is confirmed but when I tried to confirm it at the resolution center. It didn't recognize the account.I messaged 4 emails and no a...

Store downgrade or cancellations in May with no penalty

@happy_pigeon I asked the below for the spring updates and your reply is attached as well and I realize it is your best guess: happy_pigeon Re: 2018 Seller Update Feedback Threadin reply to dutchman48 02-27-2018 04:23:23 PM @dutchman48 wrote:On .com,...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer says it costs 140 USD$ to return item

So I have a US buyer who's having trouble using a 500$ item I sold to him and wants to return it. I paid ~30 CAD$ with UPS to ship the item to him. He says he went to UPS and it costs 140 USD$ to have the item send back to me... I told him not to use...

Labels