Forum Posts

Listing in 2 categories experience

In my never ending "experiments" I (re)try stuff to see if it helps sales. Many of you will recall an earlier thread about upgrades and the cost and relative (lack of) value depending on who you ask. During some recent experiments of my own, a by pro...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 4 helpful

Heads up sellers - possible PayPal glitch

I just tried to buy on dot ca using money in my PayPal account. When I clicked on PayPal as my paying medium I rec’d a message to choose a payment type (I had already) and was unable to pay. I tried a few times, same message. I then went to dot com, ...

Ebay help center ignore my problem!

I have sold my item. Ebay ask ship during 3 buisness day. Buyer get my parcel, and then Ebay baned this buyer. My money was return to buyer. Then Ebay ask don't ship parcel. Seriously??? I open request for returning my money, and Ebay close my reques...

Resolved! Need help not sold for a while

Hello there, I have not sold anything for a few years, so I am really rusty. I went to put up a listing, and the domestic shipping was USA not Canadian, does anyone know how to change that?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Express Post vs. Priority

I'm shipping an expensive item to Hong Kong and I've been comparing Express Post and Priority. I need a signature. I can't see any real difference between the two services. Is anyone here familiar with the practical differences between the two servic...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer Didn't Receive Item

I shipped an item to buyer in the States and even though the tracking shows that it was delivered January 20th she didn't get it. I told her to check with her neighbours but other than that I don't know how to help her. She told me that she had an it...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! No Cart on Ebay App

Ive had a number of buyers in Canada pay multiple shipping charges. I called one up and asked why they just didnt add them to the cart and let the cart combine and discount shipping. It was then I was shocked to find out the ebay canada app does not ...

• 29 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post outage this weekend

Dear Developer Program Member,Canada Post shipping tools and web services, with the exception of tracking, will be unavailable while we perform an upgrade from Saturday, January 27 at 9 p.m. until Sunday, January 28 at 9 a.m. Eastern Time. We apologi...

Resolved! Recording GST/HST on eBay customer invoices

Oh, this is a boring topic, no question, but for those of you who are GST/HST registrants, I'm curious to know how you record the GST/HST on your eBay buyers' invoices or packing slips, etc. Maybe 'femmefan'? Or 'pierre' if you're still lurking aroun...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

I like seeing this on my listings

It changed awhile ago but I don't think I made much mention of the red text. I like seeing this on my listings. I offer same-day dispatch for a reason, it's good to see that made prominent. And I'm glad that feature came to ebay Canada. I had complai...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Cheapest way to mail Canadian expedited

Yesterday I had to mail a package from Ontario to NS. It measured 20 x 18 x 7 cm and weighed 115 grams. I checked Snapship and it would be $18.79, so I used Paypal and it was 17.49. I don't have a Shippo account, but I am wondering if they still had ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

2018 over the counter Canada Post rates chart (under 2kg)

Attached is an image version of the 2018 postage chart I made. Please feel free to use / print it out if you find this useful. These are all OVER THE COUNTER rates, so if you have Solution for Small Business account (or if you print via Shippo or Pay...

2018 Canada Post Postage.jpg
  • 1 replies
  • 11 helpful

New Seller - Best practices

A New message from eBay... New Seller..... Best Practices Dear Valued Seller,Helping our sellers deliver the best retail experience possible is a top priority for us at eBay. So please join us for our New Seller: Best Practices webinar, where we will...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal shipping address

I have an offer for an item from a Canadian buyer paying with a Canadian address. He wants it sent to a U.S. address. Am I covered with this situation? Thanks.

Chart for new shipping costs

In past years, someone on this board has given some nice neat charts for the new shipping costs that year. When I try to open the CP link given, nothing comes up. I would love to be able to print one of the charts with the new prices.

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

selling

i removed a listing because in a 24 hour period it had one viewing...what has happened to ebay....i give up on it...

Saga of what can go wrong does go wrong...

Here's a saga of what can go wrong does go wrong..... Buyer from Colombia purchases item.About 45 days later they open a case advising that it hasn't arrived (English is not good in messages).I refund and include my normal text that it is still very ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 helpful

Promotion by invitation

Here we go I was invited to this promotion and what was my surprise this promotion was running on .com from 08 January 2018 but for us its starts on 22 January until 01 February .Why eBay dont give us the same opportunity https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/...

Labels