Forum Posts

Canada Post shows Huge Surplus ($1,900,000,000)

Canada Posts Final Figures Showing Budget Surplus of C$1.9 Bln 2014-15, compared With C$2.0 Bln Deficit projected in April Now, this number was published by the federal government, in the middle of an election campaign. Is the number credible? How co...

Another way the Fall Changes will affect Canadian Sellers

Hi - I know we are bummed out enough with this new "defect for delivery time standards & input tracking" issue and don't need anything else to stress about, but I just thought of this as another kicker... The jubilation over at the .com boards is hap...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! Any body else about done?

So why have we allowed feebay to become this filthy pig that it is today? Anything that is wrong with it can be directly blamed on the users who have accepted it and allowed it...no, forced it to grow into what it is today. Do you remember when you u...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 27 replies
  • 3 helpful

Currency confusion

I sold an item to a buyer in Florida. It was listed in Can.$. On ebay.com, it showed in US.$. It's only the price of the item, as shipping was free. The invoice is in Can.$ on both .ca and .com. Could I have changed the invoice to US.$? Does this buy...

Experiments shouldn't be only one timers!

This collaborates something Mr.E has been saying for a while around his free shipping experience. For quite some time I've had "sales" of material in my store. The first time a long time ago was an experiment to see how much I sold. Experiment failed...

• 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

The semi-annual ARGGHHH. My thoughts and plans.

Well here's another semi-annual update. As we all do, I read them and try to figure out what impact they have on my business.(It is worth noting that the online portion of my business currently "lives" on 4 online sites like eBay. 3 of the 4 are unde...

• 14 replies
  • 1 helpful

Seller updates from San Jose

Everything I am hearing is an abrupt swing towards sellers. Hard to believe everything I am hearing, but, it is all from the to dogs. eBay is treating us right. They are making sure that the convention attendees leave with no complaints. Had a par-TE...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller beware

Looking for advice on a situation I'm dealing with, one that may sound familiar to some of you. On December 26, a buyer bought nine Canadian Football League cards. After four days, these cards were still showing as unpaid in my eBay sold items page. ...

Opening requests and other eBay woes

I am very tired of eBay directing buyers to open requests when having a question. I have had two buyers recently using the resolution center to ask me a question regarding orders that hadn't been received yet. Not because they were upset but because ...

• 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

USA products for sell to Canada

Hi, I have company located Canada. Now I'm selling my products located in Canada and I'm charging to buyers taxes like BC %12,NS %15,ON %13. If I sell again from my Canada located company to Canada but shipping from USA, am I have to charge taxes lik...

eBay's Exposure in Google Search

Signs of Hope for eBay's Exposure in Google SearchBy Ina SteinerEcommerceBytes.comSeptember 08, 2015 http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m09/i08/s02

Buyer didn't pay for shipping

Hello, I recently sold two items http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151796834668?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151796836732?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649 They were bought from the same person Ebay s...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Promotional offers mixed up.

I am not sure what is happening with my promotional offers. I should have 500 each in my store for .com and .ca, and 80 list free auction-style or fixed price on both. My 500 on .ca has disappeared, and the 80 free on .com have not been used. I have ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Promo, unfortunately not for me.

Limited time savings on fees when you sell your phone!Pay a maximum final value fee of $5 per Cell Phone or Smartphone sold - up to 5 phones. Learn More - opens in a new window or tabStartsSep. 08, 201510:26:57 am EDTEndsSep. 30, 201511:59:59 pm EDT

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Facebook takes on eBay

Facebook is testing out a new option in news feed that shows a unified view of items on sale across user groups and adds the ability to search public groups. http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/05/11/facebook-takes-on-ebay-with-a-new-page-showing-user...

How do you know whether your listing is on .ca or .com?

It's probably a stupid question, and been asked a million times. I have been on ebay for almost 10 years, but reading the great info and friendly banter on this board, as related by the veterans, makes me feel like a newbie. All these years, I though...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help. Buyer Cannot buy my item through PayPal

My item sold but my buyer messaged me saying that they get a "code 157" when they try and pay for my item. They have shown me screen shots of other items they had recently bought and said the problem is on my end. I'm a first time seller and wonderin...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

what happens if I don't pay fees

I sold 5 items,1 of which were paid for. I marked them all as paid because I am stupid. is there a way to waive the fees and just pay the 1dollarand 10 percent or no. what happens if I shutdown my account and not pay fes. please tell me your experien...

What Would You Suggest?

A customer is returning an item because it doesn't fit. Not only did I put the size of the item in the listing I also measured it manually and put the measurement in the listing. Now they are returning it because it's too big - but the measurements w...

Labels