Forum Posts

Buyer requesting refund.

Hi,I recently sold an item to a buyer who after receiving it is unhappy and wants a refund.He’s stating that the item is not mint and wants to return it.In my original listing I provided 6 sided photos of the item clearing showing the condition of th...

Interesting!

I had a listing up for about 12 months with the word Rare in the title. At the time I listed it I was not able to find one like it anywhere so since I had room I added that word to the listing title. (I don't normally, it was a one time idea). Went i...

Shipping issue - issues with buying a shipping label from Canada Post within Ebay

Hey folks,I searched and nothing came up, so wondering if anyone is having any issues buying labels within eBay for Canada Post? It started last evening and hasn't cleared up. Or has anyone had this issue before and know how to clear it up? This is w...

eBay fees now based on total including taxes?

Perhaps someone has already answered this question, but I haven't found it. Will eBay now base their final value fee on the total of item price+shipping+taxes? I hope not. Charging a fee for a service that isn't provided (shipping) is bad enough, but...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

UNDESERVED NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

sold an item to a korean buyer with ground shipping with a disclosure that delivery time is 60 to 90 days , after aprx. 15 days after item was shipped buyer asks for refund and leaves me negative feedback and claims that delivery is bad . this buyer ...

How do you guys sell when shipping costs so much in Canada?

Hello, I want to be a new seller but it seems like its not worth it due to the Shipping costs and Ebay Fees. For example I have a google mini for sale on here for $40. $10 cheaper than retail.I some how got the Google mini for lets say $25. so $15 pr...

UR tracking updates disappearing......anyone else?

the last few days i have had a couple of packages to the US with UR tracking numbers show tracking updates, eg Arrived at ISC Chicago or Inbound Into Customs, only to have those updates disappear and the tracking info only display 'Tracking Number Pr...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pick Ups and the tax

devon@ebay New one on me. Quite often I have customers pick up locally. Sometimes its cash. Other times its PayPal. When it's cash how/who collects the tax? Does the tax just get pulled from the sellers pending funds/bank balance? Is the seller now r...

Reminder regarding Promoted Listings and how they will work in the future.

For anyone relying on Promoted Listings please see attached dot com discussion and how it relates to the haloing of those promoted listings. The change kicks in "momentarily". https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Promoted-Listing-Rules-are-now-i...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1680202530355.png lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1680202583846.png

Courier pickup options for sellers in Canada?

Does anyone have experience with courier package pickup options for sellers in Canada? I'd like to package and address small items sold on eBay, then have a courier pick up the package from a plastic tote box outside my front door, weigh it, notify m...

Seller Beware

Sold my 1200 dollar computer for 400 dollars as it was a few years old and pre owned, I figured 33% of the value that's not bad. After the deal was done I ended up with 330 dollars because of shipping and taxes. This wasn't great but I thought whatev...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay charging tax on taxes; is this legal?

There has been a lot of discussion about the underhanded way in which ebay began charging FVFs on taxes it collects and remits to state/provincial/federal authorities on behalf of sellers. But I haven't seen anyone comment on the fact that ebay then ...

• 64 replies
  • 5 helpful

What are My Chances of Winning a Return Dispute?

Curious about how successful sellers are in a partial refund case.I had a 0 positive feedback buyer claim a well packaged,double boxed, metal and plastic item that would be almost impossible to break unless thrown on concrete....arrive broken.The Fed...

Resolved! Un Real

I desparately need some advice from a more experienced sellers.A buyer opened a claim of non receipt approximately 30 days after I mailed an item. I spoke with them and believed them. I however explained to them it is a canada post issue not a me iss...

Is eBay the paradise of scammers?

That's a legitimate question to ask. I'm honestly and accurately describing my eBay experience here so it serves other peoples, knowing it will probably be hided or buried by the moderators. Here's what I think and please take my testimony also as a ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 63 replies
  • 1 helpful

How do I create an additional invoice for shipping?

Hi, wondering how I can create an additional invoice for shipping? As far as ebay sees, the purchase is done so it's not giving me the option to send an invoice but the buyer paid less than half the shipping cost. Ive discussed it with the buyer and ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Social Page Message

Noticed today when I went to check recent feedback left a message pops up "New! Social Page for Store Sellers. Link social accounts and create custom posts for FaceBook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter" and there is a Try it Now link. This may be part...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

For anyone that monitors their payouts closely to align with store fee charges

There may be some tinkering afoot with payouts. Just spotted this in my settings. Really not sure when the first Tuesday of the month became a Monday? Settings pageMain page:Routinely in the past my store fees come out sometime on the 3rd(Mid afterno...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1680107920921.png lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1680108000554.png

Managed Payment payouts on Monday now?

i just noticed that my next MP payout is scheduled for Monday, April 3, instead of on Tuesday as would be normal. Has Ebay changed the payout day from Tuesday to Monday?

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

How does Ebay Refund work for Sellers Now?

Sold an item to a buyer for 9.99 bucks, buyer requested refund saying they bought the wrong item immediately and I gave them refund. But ended up having to pay an extra dollar out of my pocket, how the heck does this work. Have several items i'm sell...

Resolved! Another Seller Defect - Need Advice

I am upset to no end, my 2nd defect in under a year. Ebay says I cancelled a sale because I was out of stock when I didn't. I fully refunded the customer after making the sale when the item did not arrive at it's destination. I tried to locate in the...

INR Case due to incorrect buyer address

Hi,I shipped a low value item ($8) within Canada, untracked. Buyer opened an INR after a month of not receiving the item. Upon further investigation the buyer had an incorrect shipping address on their profile. Buyer is requesting a refund even thoug...

Wrong dates sold on invoice

This keeps happening to me, I am getting incorrect wrong dates when the item is sold, got this one again today. Can I wait 2 years to mail it??Date sold:Apr 03, 2025Quantity sold:1

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels