Forum Posts

Big purchase just made from my store and I'm nervous to say the least

Hi all, this is my first post here - please go easy on me. I sell sports cards that I ship via lettermail. Most are between $0.50 and $2 in value, though I have some listed in the $7 to $20 range. Shipping I charge is via lettermail: $2.15 in Canada ...

Buyer manipulating the E Bay feedback system

I Had a buyer tell me he disagreed with my grading system for vinyl records and requested a refund. I sent the customer a cut and pasted of the grading system and asked him how he wanted me to proceed and he dropped four negatives on my site. When I ...

New PL Standard Fee Calculation

This new method of calculating PL Standard fees is a stupid move. Someone with the fee police should really have another look at this, do they really expect sellers will continue running campaigns at their current rates? I don't think so. How do they...

Resolved! Ebay system encounters an issue right now?

I am selling on ebay for 13 years, right now our account is encounteriung an issue with ebay system. Ebay system suspended my account in 5 times in the past two weeks, and ebay reprensentatives reinstated my account manually 5 times. Each suspened me...

Resolved! I refunded before getting item back

A buyer asked to return an item (via eBay message), originally saying it was not as described. That was later changed to "too difficult for grandma" (it was a jigsaw puzzle). I agreed to the return and gave my address. After a few weeks I wrote again...

Is anyone else having problems with tracking from CP not showing up.

I sent a parcel going to BC on January 5th and no tracking has uploaded on the Canada Post website. Its like it never even made it to the post office. I live in a small town and have asked them to scan my items when I bring them in so that the buyer ...

Resolved! My 15 year-old eBay account is now useless because I cannot change my registration site :(

I created my account 15 years ago when I lived in the UK. Seven years ago, I moved to Canada and continued using the same eBay account to buy and sell. Apparently, I didn't update my registration country (I had no reason to believe I needed to, or th...

they won’t give me my money

i sold an item a couple of months and still have not gotten my money. there’s not even a customer service area for this! i want my money or i’m going to trust pilot

User avatar by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

EBAY SUCKS

The worst experience in my life is dealing with Ebay. Its sucks, I'm sorry its terrible, high fees no support for sellers, they ask for proof I send it then they give away my money and say I didnt respond. Well Bull**bleep** to Ebay

• 6 replies
  • 6 helpful

ebay holding payment from a buyer and dont let us refund and cancel the order - unfair policy

i just sold an item on ebay and the buyer sent payment. the problem is that ebay dont release the payment and they put it on hold so i dont get the payment from the buyer. now the buyer agreed to cancel the order with me in a message when i told him ...

Custom Pages

In Ebay's assnine tradition of doing dumb self serving stuff, Ebay removed the use of custom pages in stores. Anyone have a slick way of doing terms & conditions outrside of the listings?

Broken store categories

I created categories for my store and added some listings, categories are not showing up on the store:   Any solution? I waited 2 days since i created them and added listings already Can we get a refund for a store subscription by the way? For a busi...

Store marketing banner link broken

I took a store subscription, created a promotion and then created a banner on the store page with a picture and a link to this promotion. The problem is that when we click on the link that is supposed to show the listings in the promotion, this happe...

Vintage Dominion Grocery Store bonus coupons

Does anyone know if there is a market for Dominion Grocery store (now Metro) 5 cent bonus coupons? Vintage I guess but no dates shown. Redeemable only for food. I couldn't find any on eBay so not sure if coupons like these are collectible and if it's...

February 7 2022 Canada Post fuel charge

Domestic parcel fuel surcharge increases another 0.5% on Monday.USA/International parcels increases 0.25%So you might want to buy your parcel labels before midnight Sunday (where midnight is the one in the Eastern time zone). Priority Worldwide bucks...

Resolved! Can't delete promotion

So i have some problems with creating a banner on my store linking to a promotion, i made another thread for it. While messing around i deleted the promotion to restart it, for whatever reason the items did not loaded and it wrote that 0 items were i...

Shipping with chit chats internationally

I would like to use chit chats to ship to the US and maybe internationally.I just don't know how to set up the shipping rates for the US.can anyone give me some suggestions? This is my try out account. The items are all different and different weigh ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments - Ebay Charges 12.3% on Canadian Sales Tax!

Ebay just put my account into Managed payments and I had my first sale that way. As a Canadian business seller I have to collect GST, PST or HST depending on which province I'm shipping to Prior to Managed Payments, ebay charged their selling fee (ab...

Resolved! What should I do - two offers on auction

One of the items I have for sale has a bid. The bidder reached out to me a couple of days after the auction started and offered me a good price, about $70.00 above my auction start price. I've got 7 watchers on the item. I sent an email back, thankin...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Partial Refund & Chargeback Advice

Hello,I recently sold an electronics item for $500 on eBay Canada to a buyer in Canada. Heavy item so it cost $75 to ship. A few days after arriving the buyer opens a refund request due to shipping damage. They claim they don't know how to add photos...

Slow sales?

I know this is something everyone complaint about on a regular basis. But i just wondered if everyone experiencing slow sales right now? I listed more than ever in january and instead of growing, my eBay turned totally dead. There is some suspicious ...

Labels