Forum Posts

International Selling

Hi all, I sell within Canada and the U.S. but not internationally. I felt like going international was too risky. Shipping rates, scammers, customs, etc... My question to the experienced sellers here, should I reconsider? Is it worth it? What is your...

Managed Payments: Results May Vary

So..... are all sellers now operating under Managed Payments in ebay.ca? My account was activated a few weeks ago and the results have been underwhelming to frame it politely. I'm waiting a minimum of two days to a maximum of a full seven days for pa...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 60 replies
  • 2 helpful

Category changes

What is going on here? I have spent years carefully crafting my listing categories on an individual basis. Which age my comic is from, which character is featured, etc. It appears today that all of my work has been overwritten with an identical, gene...

• 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

Why eBay managed payments are a long way from similar to previous structure

Hello eBay users I feel we need to let eBay know that their claims to save us money and require us to start eBay managed payments was an unfair business decision that hurts many sellers.To start with the glaring issue that needs to be addressed immed...

• 27 replies
  • 7 helpful

Seller BEWARE. There are scammers using EBAY and It will cost the seller big time.

I just lost $500 selling through Ebay. The buyer said I didn't send him the high value coin that I KNOW I sent him. He took apicture of his own low value coin saying it was the one I sent. I sent 6 emails to him with no response. If I would have paid...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraud pending?

I recently listed a book for sale on eBay. It is ~50 years old and somewhat damaged, but it's also unusual and appears to be a 1st edition, so I thought it might be worth something. Within a day of posting, I received an offer to buy significantly *a...

Disgusted in ebays claims of none receipt

It has been brought to my attention lately that Ebay has been allowing buyers to claim non-receipt and a refund for a items that have been purchased less that 2 weeks prior. In these times of COVID the Post Office is not even guarateeing delivery tim...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

e-bays new joke format

what a joke e-bay has become, i can't even find my paypal acct., takes forever to locate what was once so simple! To add all the item specifics is !@#$%^ ridiculous and time consuming, I have a regular job! Any advice where to sell from now on and ke...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

I got this message from eBay "ACTION NEEDED: Please update the information we requested"

It says for me to update information on my account, but when I click the link it just sends me to the overview page and no alert is shown to update. It says my payouts are on hold. Anyone else get this message or have any ideas? I have everything up ...

Cancelling a Transaction

I have a buyer who wants to cancel a transaction and I am supposed to "refund" them. The problem is they did not pay so how can I refund? How do I make sure they have paid? Happening a lot lately (2x last week), is this a eBay "glitch" that you can b...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer left negative comment in positive feedback will eBay remove his DSR's to?

As the title says I just had a rather new US eBay member leave me feedback and he left a negative comment in a positive feedback. Normally I wouldn't care but with how important DSR scores are now, if I ask to have the feedback removed, will eBay rem...

ebay Sold messages missing from email

I wonder, does this happen always on Thursdays when they do their maintenance? Today's SNAFU: No Sold messages from ebay tonight, only PayPal payments received coming through. Sold notices from ebay are MIA. Am I alone? Or is this widespread? You may...

• 39 replies
  • 2 helpful

How to make seller account on eBay?

Hi Ebay Community Team, I am new here, I want to make the seller account on eBay. I want to sell the CBD Boxes on eBay. Kindly eBay Community Team, guide me on how I can start my business on eBay. Thanks

Resolved! Double check your MP transaction history! Got charged for Gallery Plus randomly

Here is a link to check your transaction history: https://www.ebay.ca/sh/fin/transactions(Thanks @ypdc_dennis ) I was browsing a different thread and saw the above link, so I looked just out of curiousity and saw that I just got charged a Gallery Plu...

brokensystem.jpg
  • 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Recovering Insurance Cost from Canada Post

Short story, someone claim that they got their item damage and requested a partial refund. I gave that partial refund. Now I need to recover the cost from Canada Post since there was insurance coverage on it. How anyone gone through this process and ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to switch shipping to USPS First Class International?

I wonder if a seller can help with this. I'm in Canada and often buy clothing from eBay sellers in the US. Priority International is generally extremely expensive and the Customs fees are automatically added too, so I sometimes ask the seller if they...

LISTING WITH FREE RETURN OPTION

i see that several sellers are stating free returns on their listings , what exactley is the advantage in stating this feature when ebay on disputes forces the seller to pay for return shipping or provide a return shipping label . failure to do so wi...

Downgrading a Store

Has anyone recently downgraded from a Premium to a Basic store? Were there any problems caused by doing so? Were you still able to qualify for a quantity(??) of additional free listings or did that suddenly end? -Lotz

Hey Ebay, you need to fix this "Add Recommended Items Specifics" BS *NOW*.

If Ebay wants these specifics filled out bad enough, they should be mandatory when creating a listing. And if they are NOT mandatory, then give us the ability to OPT OUT of having these pleasant little "reminders" clogging up our seller page. And WOR...

Two Buyers No Item Received What Can I Do?

Now I have two buyers whose shipments are way late and have not arrived, each with tracking and both stuck in Chicago with the same reply 'in transit'? I have kept in touch with each buyer, one is reasonable states "not your fault", the other seems t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

New format for selling ITEMS is Terrible.

I am in IT and it is obvious that this was not tested or had any user feedback. For example I sell comics, so if I select the book to be from the Marvel publisher by default it should default in the universe field MCU (Marvel). Why the hell do I have...

Resolved! Quantity not taking into consideration on checkout - buyer buys multiple but only one shipping

Where do I specify the buyer will receive a revised invoice for purchase of multiple quanities? A buyer recently purchased quanity of 5 and paid only 1 shipping. I checked the invoice, eBay invoiced the buyer only 1 shipping. I can't find any reason ...

quantity2.jpg quanity1.jpg

Time To Order My "Free" Shipping Supplies

Once again, it's grin and bare it day. Last day to use the coupon. Something we do every three months, sometimes in the hope that they may introduce more of a selection, perhaps cubed boxes? Or something closer to what I/you could actually use. I rea...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels