Forum Posts

Canada Post Worker Stole Packages in Winnipeg

Came across this article today:https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/canada-post-theft-mail-carrier-packages-winnipeg-1.5990584 A Canada Post carrier left a trail of theft between January and February of this year. They certainly were busy, amassin...

Changing Banks Numbers for Managed Payments

After running in to problems with my other Bank account for MP.I can change banks so problem but I can't get rid on the old bank numbers.I have tried many ways but with no luck, and Help is appreciated

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer who doesn't read listing and buys by mistake

I wish people would learn to read. Buyer makes a purchase, pays for it, and then realizes he did not read the listing properly/or at all. Asks to cancel. All well and good. Not a big deal. Except for the fact PayPal keeps their fees. Not the end of t...

Problem With US Customer Checking Out

Hi,I have a customer trying to checkout and it says I don’t ship to her country ( in the US) which I do.Originally I had it set at flat rate and changed it back to calculated shipping and would refund her the difference and it still doesn’t work. Ive...

Add or edit SIN… Social Insurance Number… on eBay

Add or edit SIN… Social Insurance Number… on eBay Start at Seller Hub … Overview Go to … Selling Tools Click on …View My eBay Selling Click on …..Account… Sign in if necessary Click on … Personal Information… Sign in if necessary Go to…. Type of ID …...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer's remorse PayPal case

Hello, I have a first paypal case from a buyer.I know they claim not as described because of buyer's remorse and I have proof of messagesalso they stated that they can't modify the bag therefore they want to return it....They also claim the bag is us...

Bank information and Ebay information Managed Payments

Hi all. I'm going to try to set up my managed payments information, but before I start, I'd just like some clarification from those who have already signed up. I clicked on the link I was provided on ebay.ca yesterday, but I backed out, as I have a c...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

tax return with ebay income by selling my own collection

Hi,I hope I can get some answers from here regarding to my tax return. I’m a taxnoob. This is the first time filing tax return with ebay income. I've only done with the slips I received from the employers in the past. I'm using a tax software right n...

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Regular stamps or tracking on envelope to US

On a $15 thin paper item to US from Canada in cardboard flat envelope 6 x 8 ...would you frequent sellers use tracking and mail item as a small packet or just take your chances and use regular mail stamps with no tracking. I have already collected $1...

Guess it's time to shut ebay down for the next 4 months.

Well it looks like to get any financial aid from the government relief programs starting soon a person has to have NO income from any source for 14 days in a row. Was laid off from my job 12 days ago, but because I made a few dollars on ebay since th...

eBay Payout vs PayPal

Hello everyone,Does anyone face the same problem after switching from PayPal to eBay payout?PayPal used to charge 5% and eBay 10% total of 15% from the total price fixed but now eBay charge not clear and couldn't figure out how much exactly they char...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question About Flat Rate Shipping Table

Hi Everyone,A new Chit Chats branch opened in my city last week and I am able to get deeper discounts for shipping.I have used flat rate shipping in the past when combining several items for customers and putting it in one bundled listing where I wou...

1099-K for Canadians

I'm a Canadian who has a US Ebay & PayPal account. My address on file is a US one because I used to live in the US. I exceeded the limits ($20k / 200 sales). I've been living in Canada for a few years now. Do I need to file? I have a US SSN. If so, w...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Mark Item as Shipped

I sold my first ebay item and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tag the item as "shipped". This was 3 weeks ago and I know is affecting my credentials. I'm experienced with ETSY where this was easy but not with Ebay. Thanks for any help!

Resolved! Buyer opened case item not recieved but shows delievered

So I sold this $249.99 gamecube gameboy player disc and buyer opened a INR case and demands a full refund because he never got it. I have tracking on the item with Canada Post showing it was delievered. it shows it was delievered the day before he op...

Managed Payments - USD Payouts

So the time has come where I am forced into managed payment. I received the invite April 6. In the fine print bellow appeared this: """If you wish to receive your payouts in US dollars, register here to avoid account restrictions. Please disregard th...

PDF Report

Hi,I would like to get a monthly report of my sales and fees paid in PDF format. I believe it is like the basis of having this information. What is the way to get it? Thank you!

New eBay Label Service

Used it today for the first time. There are a couple of bugs to fix: This was for a package going within Canada.Package weight is in pounds and ounces ; but the package dimensions are in cmDoes not show you how much the added package insurance cost i...

• 40 replies
  • 3 helpful

Promoted Listings not promoting

I have been running promoted listings campaigns without issue since November 2020. On April 5th, I was getting 110,00 impressions daily with PLs. On April 6th and every day since, I am getting less than 100! I changed nothing. After 6 chat and phone ...

Lighthearted camera milestone approaching!

Me wee camera has continued to hang onto life, I see in old posts that in April 2019 it achieved the 125,000 pictures milestone, today we're at 145,000* - will it make it to 150,000???? Since the 125,000 milestone, the on off button spring half broke...

• 3 replies
  • 4 helpful

Insane request

Whoever at eBay is idiot!! I got insane request: your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by May 8, 2021 to avoid further restrictions". They wanto passport or license. The problem is I don't have a passport and d...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Voiding Shipping Labels

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck voiding shipping labels lately? Back a few years ago there was never an issue with voiding labels until one day, I had a label which was for an overseas package with no tracking (International Parcel - Air). ...

Labels