Forum Posts

Do you need to use Shippo initially to create return labels?

Hi, I've never used Shippo because most items of mine are shipped in lettermails. I did sign up for Shippo, but I haven't linked it to my ebay account yet. My question is, to create and send the return shipping labels to a buyer, was I supposed to cr...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

chitchats exchange rate too high

Anyone else notice the very high exchange rate used by chitchats?ie: A USPS 1st classs thick envelope that normally costs 3.49USD on shippo is charged as 5.38CAD which is a 54% exchange rate when the real rate is closer to 1.28

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

seller cannot send return label

i have stated to a buyer that "seller cannot send return label" however i can now, but i can't attach the label because i have stated that i could not send label how do i reverse that and where

eBay Labels is now Live

Just received a message that eBay Labels is now live. It does not specify if it is possible to connect your current savings with CP or if they are a stand alone system. Specifics from the email were limited. Anyone interested in "kicking the tires" a...

Buyer's remorse sale & wants to return items

So, I just received a return request for 2 lots of jewelry. The buyer is saying it was not as described. All the things they have an issue with were outlined clearly in the listings. Of course they do not want to pay for the return shipping. Should I...

Resolved! Concerned about possible scammer

A buyer with 0 feedback just purchased a computer graphics card from me for $649 using the buy it now feature. Their username is the first 3 letters of their first name, and first 4 letters of their last name, then a number. They paid within 1 minute...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Managed Payments NOT WORKING for local pick up

Ebay just put my account into managed payments. I wondered how that would work for local pick up. In the listing creation, there are two boxes you can tick to allow for local pick up (they result in an option on your listing which reads FREE LOCAL PI...

Resolved! Can't attach tracking number to mulit site purchase, a bug?

I'm sure I've done this before, but buyer purchased 2 items, one on .CA and one on .COM Both were shipped together of course in the same box, however I can only attach a tracking number to one - ie I attached it to the first item (.CA), now it doesn'...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal not Refunding the PP Fee Comission?

A buyer recently decided to change their order so I did whats done and cancelled, refunded, relisted and they then purchased a slightly different order. This has got the job done for decades, I have to pay a .30 fee, but the buyer is happy - a sale i...

More Shipping Options Available

Just spotted this on the eBay dot com discussion board. Hopefully this go back in thinking will help out both buyers and sellers going forward. These announcements don't always filter their way to dot ca. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/M...

Setting up US cross border acct

When setting up my bank acct, my RBC US bank is not shown, only the CAD RBC bank is available. Is there any way to have my funds deposited to my US bank acct? Or are all USD converted to CAD now with the new system and at what exchange rate?Thanks

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can you use Canada Post postage stamps even on small packets and tracked packets?

Hi all, I'm curious as to whether or not Canada Post accepts postage stamps to be used on small packets and tracked packets. I have postage stamps which I'd like to use. I did call Canada Post but the answer the agent provided me on the phone didn't ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ship By Date today, Canada Post Closed

Nice of eBay to set the Ship By date to a postal holiday.... Thankfully nothing going out today needs to be scanned... Haven't been very active on the forum lately... Amazing to see how basically every thread is a self-inflicted wound by eBay.... Lik...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping supply coupon not working

So I received my eBay Bucks coupon & the shipping supply coupon today. But when I go to purchase supplies, it will not accept the shipping supply coupon (says it is not valid) but it accepts the Bucks one. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe it is...

Shipping Supplies Coupon Still not working!!

Three days and the coupon codes are still useless. HOw can anyone trust eBay with Managed payments if they can't even get a simple discount code to work? As a seller if we do not ship within a certain time frame we are punished, well if we run out of...

Resolved! Shipping Label issues with Canada Post

Hi There, Happy Easter, is anyone have issues creating Canada Post shipping labels this morning? I was able to do one fine, worked with the correct rates, then went to do my second order and poof, AAA authentication failure in Shippo, tried eBay labe...

MEMBER ALERT - Best Offer Scam - eBay has been notified!

Hi ALL So this is a heads-up!!!! Before anyone replies to me, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING... I knew it was a scam as soon as I saw it, but many people will not. So this morning I had a "Best Offer" from a member in Singapore, who used the eBay UK sit...

• 52 replies
  • 7 helpful

The new eBay payment processing! how pathetic

Earlier today I got an email from eBay about a cusotmer claiming "unauthorized transaction" Item was shipped and successfully delivered tot he buyer few weeks ago. When transactions were handled by PayPal this would have been automatically decided in...

International Shipping Delays due to "Ever Given" Shipping Vessel blocking Suez Canal

A buyer from Japan opened up a "not received case" with Ebay. The item was purchased on March 2021 & the Buyer NEVER contacted me nor replied to any of my messages. The "Ever Given" Shipping vessel blocking the Suez Canal caused 400+ other cargo ship...

Email to buyer, need advice.

I just looked at my feed back and a buyer stated that they had not received the order. Well maybe it's because they requested to cancel the order through ebay and I did. I called ebay and hopefully they will remove it. Now the buyer is a newby (7) I ...

US Customs Opening A Sealed Game

Hi, Have anyone experienced selling a Brand New Sealed game and sending it from Canada to the US. But going through the USA customs and having the game opened and checked. Now the game is no longer brand new and the buyer wants a refund since it is n...

Labels