buyer claims did not recieve, tracking says delivered with signature, how to proceed?

Have a buyer who says they didn't get something, and opened a request, maybe the postman screwed up or maybe they're trying to pull a scam I don't know.

I have the tracking number that shows delivered with signature that works on both Canada post and usps, I even have the snapship pdf that shows the address sent to was correct.

I uploaded the tracking info into the request, and messaged the buyer telling them that, she strangely hasn't responded in a few days and in a few days it says ebay will step in, and my money is held in paypal, I'm worried they might just side with them and give it to them from my paypal?

anything else I can do? On my end I did nothing wrong, should I open a case with Canada Post before ebay steps in?

thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: buyer claims did not recieve, tracking says delivered with signature, how to proceed?

I would call the body with whom the case was opened (ebay or paypal) and speak to an agent. Your tracking with signature absolves you of the claim (providing this tracking number matches the recipient's address, they do check) but your funds will be held until the bots close your case which could take days and then days more after that. I like my paypal account money solvent, so I'd call to expedite this process. In the meantime, assure your buyer that if there was a delivery scan error, you would be pleased to work with Canada Post to open a trace on the item. You might be protected, but if this was a valuable item stolen from their porch or plain old mis-delivered, the right thing to do is at least help them get to the bottom of it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: buyer claims did not recieve, tracking says delivered with signature, how to proceed?

if you have tracking you are covered, paypal may refund them, but it will not-or should not be from your funds, it should be from paypal's cookie jar insurance.. i had the exact same thing happen to me. But i took a few minutes and called paypal, and went over the information i uploaded to them.. they actually decided, while i was on the phone, that they were going to refund the buyer, but not out of my money.. then they closed the case right then..and released the hold..  You may want to take a minute and call them as well.., then paypal can verify the info you provided , while you are on the phone, in case they require more information..

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

'tracking number that shows delivered with signature'

The buyer signed for it, but claims not received?

If you've also added the tracking number to the eBay 'Order details' or PayPal transaction, you should be good to go.

Nothing more to do at this point but wait.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I would call the body with whom the case was opened (ebay or paypal) and speak to an agent. Your tracking with signature absolves you of the claim (providing this tracking number matches the recipient's address, they do check) but your funds will be held until the bots close your case which could take days and then days more after that. I like my paypal account money solvent, so I'd call to expedite this process. In the meantime, assure your buyer that if there was a delivery scan error, you would be pleased to work with Canada Post to open a trace on the item. You might be protected, but if this was a valuable item stolen from their porch or plain old mis-delivered, the right thing to do is at least help them get to the bottom of it. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"I have the tracking number that shows delivered with signature"

What specific shipping service did you use with Canada Post?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I used expedited US shipping service.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

told the buyer I had the shipping label pdf and that address was correct and that I was going to call ebay then maybe Canada Post and she then said she was able to locate it and closed the request, so who knows, happy the case is closed, thanks for the answers.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

"she then said she was able to locate it and closed the request"

Read whatever you like into that.

Maybe next time she should shop regular mail.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply