combine shipping problem

Hi All

I want this posted in chat with Andrea but could not find a way to post there

Trying to set up banded shipping profiles as we have on our amazon store...  Example purchase 1 item at a price of 29.99  then shipping is charged at a flat rate.  But if the product was worth a certain dollar value then shipping would be free.  I have read all shipping information and believe that a possible shipping solution might be a promotional shipping model but it seems mandatory that you have to have sold 2 units for this to work.  We offer free shipping on 1 item if the price is high enough... I have 3 different product lines and want a different shipping profile for each line.

Here is our Banded shipping profile for one product line

Domestic Shipping

Standard Shipping
Regions Address Type Transit Time
excluding handling time Price Bands Price Per Order Canada Street
PO Box
4 - 8 Days CDN$0.00 to CDN$59.99 CDN$19.99
                                   CDN$60.00 to above CDN$0.00
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

combine shipping problem

If you have set the price on your Fixed Price listing, you can use either Calculated Shipping or Flat Rate Shipping as the S&H.

Flat Rate Shipping includes 'free' shipping, which, of course, just means the actual cost of shipping is included in the price of the item.

You can also use one service for domestic shipping and and another for international.

You can even set several international shipping services.

In this way eBay is much more flexible than AZ.

I generally on dotCA , where I list items that require parcel rates,  use Calculated for Canada, and Flat Rate for the USA plus a different Flat Rate for the rest of the world.

This may be useful to see why.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

If you are among the lonely 15% using Auctions without Buy It Now opted, it is probably best to use Calculated Shipping across the Board, although again, it is worthwhile having at least the three different rates.

You can also set up your shipping to charge less on the second identical item, but I don't usually sell mass produced items so I tend to handle multiple purchases manually.

Another poster may be able to guide you about how to set up reduced shipping for multiple purchases, which I think involves the Shopping Cart.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

combine shipping problem

amcdc79
Community Member

Holy confusing post. n

Not nearly enough information.

Thankfully this isn't Amazon, are you FBA or FBM? What are you selling? Big, small, light, heavy?

Are you shipping from inside Canada, or outside into Canada?

Please explain how you can have two listings for the same item, at different prices, on either site. Duplicate listings for both, are generally not allowed.

Don't we all wish we could sell an item for $29.99 plus shipping, or $100.00 with free shipping.

On ebay you can set the multiple items sold @ free shipping, and I guess you could refund the cost of the first one, when the total hits the amount you are looking for.

Or you can do as the previous poster suggested, and use calculated shipping, good luck.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply