eBay Not Refunding Void Shipping Label

I purchased a shipping label for Canada Post through eBay and cancelled it right away. It's now been 1 month and I still haven't received a refund for the label yet. I contacted support more than 5 times and each time they said that they will initiate a refund and that I will receive the refund within 24 hours, but I never ended up receiving anything in my payments. Does anyone have any advice on what to do at this point? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have not had to void an eBay label (knock on wood) but a couple of times I've had to void one with Shippo, who similarly act as a third party with discounts using Canada Post and a link to eBay.

I know with them I was frustrated because they could see (as could I when looking at my orders) that I had bought label twice in error during a glitch on their part when trying to print and they could see on my account that it happened so I thought they'd process refund right away. Wrong. When I spoke to their (Shippo's) customer service they said yes they could see it but it was policy with Canada Post to wait to make sure label was not actually used and I would get refund in 14 days. I thought that meant two weeks but nope, I found out it was 14 business days so pretty much three weeks. It may be similar with eBay labels if they have to follow similar rules. If it is a month for you that is definitely past but if it's not quite a month (3 weeks) it may still be in the works. Also look through all entries in your managed payment summary because if you had any sales during the time refund was issued then just like with label payments it might be tacked on to something else that was going through the same day.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I requested a Void for a label on Nov 29, still waiting for that to be refunded.

That was a label that created when ebay said with a giant red box, your label FAILED to processed (I posted about it on the board at the time). So I created another one, only to realize there was already one made, ugh lol

Ill keep tabs on it and see if I get a refund in a week or so

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

I requested a Void for a label on Nov 29, still waiting for that to be refunded.

That was a label that created when ebay said with a giant red box, your label FAILED to processed (I posted about it on the board at the time). So I created another one, only to realize there was already one made, ugh lol

Ill keep tabs on it and see if I get a refund in a week or so

@regs43 

@folder777 

Do you recall how long it took to receive your credit for the voided label? Did you?

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Dec 5 for me, NO notice that I got the refund, so if you dont go looking you wouldnt have a clue!

Shouldnt be so hard as to automate an email, hey your shipping label request has been granted .... but alas this is ebay and their communication is a -100

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@regs43 wrote:

Dec 5 for me, NO notice that I got the refund, so if you dont go looking you wouldnt have a clue!

Shouldnt be so hard as to automate an email, hey your shipping label request has been granted .... but alas this is ebay and their communication is a -100

@regs43 

7 Days is actually not bad. I was just surprised by the first message saying 3 days and then the conflict of up to 15 days. As far as I can tell there is no way to check status. As for a notification I was thinking the same thing too. Unsure why we don't get some sort of email for when any charge is processed. That would include postage, credits, store fees etc. We always got an email when using Shippo but with Shippo everything was automatic vs eBay tape delay.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 6
latest reply