eBay Store Markdown Manager not working. Not marking down items, taking to long to process request.

Ok guys I think I'm taking one for the team here and trying to figure out why:

The eBay Store Markdown Manager not working

• Its not marking down items
  • its says its processing but taking way too long. (Was working fine last night)
  • Markdown sale manager is not adding/attaching the item to the markdown, where it says items on the markdown promotions manager page in the 'items' column its say 0 items, I've tried 4 times and its not working and wasting a lot of my time today.

Inventory Sold Showing as out of stock 'still in active listings'

• not sure if this is anew feature but when you sold an item it was automatically removed from active listings and moved to sold .. or something like that. Now it stays grouped with the active items. 
  • is this a new feature or a Glitch, Also a eBay CS Rep said it was a glitch, but then he did sound to sure almost as if he was saying what it 'could' have been. Just looking for some definitive answers as to whats going on, i'm i experiencing new updates, glitches, or what???

Watchers on my listings are not showing

• I have 6 listings with 18 watchers spread across them (Watches not show on any listing)
  • I was told last time you from a eBay CS Rep. that I need 5 watchers or more for the number of watchers to appear on the listing. (Not sure about that)
  • I have a listing with 10 watchers and its still not showing up on my listing? 

So Ultimately my question is whats the problem and how/when will they be fixed?
This is wasting a lot of time for me and probably other sellers as well having to be double checking and doing the same thing more than once, just wanna know whats going on.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay Store Markdown Manager not working. Not marking down items, taking to long to process request.

amcdc79
Community Member

The first one I don't know as I do not have a store. Do you pay for a store?

The second point about listings staying up after being sold I can answer. The GTC's( Good Till Cancelled) listings which we all use for our fixed price listings will stay where they were even after being sold. Buyers cannot see them, only the seller, so if you are truly out of stock just end the listing. If you plan on getting more stock in you can leave it up but it will count towards your monthly allowence when it comes time to re-list.

The real advantage to leaving it up, is that the sales will keep adding up. Example, if you had 10, sold them all, then added 10 more the listing would show that you had 20, sold 10 =50% sold, then changing until you sold them all. Showing "only 1 or 2 left" can help sell the last ones.

You asked about the watchers earlier, Tyler mentioned there were reasons why some listings did show when there were 5 or more, which he went into detail about. He also said it depended on popularity, and other factors. Watchers can be your competition, folks who like the item but can't afford it, or maybe they like some of your other items and are using it to get back to your listings quickly, who knows?

I did look at your listings and was surprised at the Tang one being free delivery, an almost 5lb item through CP will cost as much, if not more than your selling price. Also selling one video game by itself, is not considered a bundle. Other then that good luck selling on ebay. 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply