eBay.ca label printing still broken!

Well after almost a year eBay.ca's label printing system is still broken. Today I had to use it for a parcel to the USA due to Shippo not updating with my order info. So I discovered the problems below still exist.

When using the system to creat a label for Canada Post Small Packet USA the following problems still exist after almost a year or more.

1. The country of origin code in the customs decleration section does not appear, dispite being selected when the label was created.

2. The tracking number the system creates is a bogus number, and you cannot update it. You can add an additional tracking number with the UR code but you cannot remove the bogus one. NOTE: CP does not provide tracking with Canada Post Small Packet USA, however the UR code is sometimes scanned by USPS at their hub in Seattle, when it is scanned eBays system registers it. So it is useful to have it reflected in the tracking field.

I tried to tag Tyler so he could forward this on to eBay, but for some reason I cannot look him up in the drop down.

It is extremly frustrating that these 2 items still are not fixed after so long.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay.ca label printing still broken!

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Well after almost a year eBay.ca's label printing system is still broken. Today I had to use it for a parcel to the USA due to Shippo not updating with my order info. So I discovered the problems below still exist.

When using the system to creat a label for Canada Post Small Packet USA the following problems still exist after almost a year or more.

1. The country of origin code in the customs decleration section does not appear, dispite being selected when the label was created.

2. The tracking number the system creates is a bogus number, and you cannot update it. You can add an additional tracking number with the UR code but you cannot remove the bogus one. NOTE: CP does not provide tracking with Canada Post Small Packet USA, however the UR code is sometimes scanned by USPS at their hub in Seattle, when it is scanned eBays system registers it. So it is useful to have it reflected in the tracking field.

I tried to tag Tyler so he could forward this on to eBay, but for some reason I cannot look him up in the drop down.

It is extremly frustrating that these 2 items still are not fixed after so long.

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Lotz!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Hi @flyhooks4less - I'll get this to the Labels team and let you know as I hear back! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I'm typing this on May 28, 2022 and country of origin is STILL NOT on the label.  Looks like ebay will never fix this.  I miss paypal labels as they worked.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

I'm typing this on May 28, 2022 and country of origin is STILL NOT on the label.  Looks like ebay will never fix this.  I miss paypal labels as they worked.

This is why I use Shippo or CP for postage. They work. eBay Labels does not offer any benefits or advantages.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I'm typing this on August 14, 2022 and both country of origin AND the fake tracking number are still a problem... I should have known to use Canada Post's website... I just wanted to go faster, because it is a shipment to France and I thought the IOSS number would appear on the label using eBay. It does NOT.  😞

I wrote it down manually, and I hope it will be OK. But it really sucks!

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

... I should have known to use Canada Post's website... I just wanted to go faster, because it is a shipment to France and I thought the IOSS number would appear on the label using eBay. It does NOT. 

Canada Post SnapShip does have a field to include the IOSS nunber, but it is electronic info and is not printed on the label. Most EU destination countries scan the bar code to get the details about the package.

-;-

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies!

Hi @flyhooks4less - I'll get this to the Labels team and let you know as I hear back! 

devon@ebay 

@lady.stark 

@forester_studios 

@ypdc_dennis 

Would you have any follow up from eBay labels perspective. The original question goes back to Dec 2021. The question regarding IOSS has been lingering since eBay's announcement  (07/21) was made regarding VAT but was never any followup. (Shippo/CP labels may need to be looped in on this.)

The greatest concern is sellers shipping to an applicable country when eBay has collected VAT in advance and then buyer being charged again at time of pick up.  Possible consequence is shipment being refused and returned on sellers dime (7 cents US Funds).

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Canada-Post-and-EU-VAT-Regulations-IOSS/ba-p/462834

-Lotz

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If it weren't for the fact that when using eBay labels the payment comes out of funds pending, and I do not have to use a credit card such as with CP Snap Ship, I would not be using eBay labels either...that fake "tracking number" when using Small Packet is a real annoyance. Something so easy & simple yet eBay is so stupid about it.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

If it weren't for the fact that when using eBay labels the payment comes out of funds pending, and I do not have to use a credit card such as with CP Snap Ship, I would not be using eBay labels either...that fake "tracking number" when using Small Packet is a real annoyance. Something so easy & simple yet eBay is so stupid about it.

I would use it if I could find an advantage. They dropped the ball on that one from the get go by not attaching a sellers SSB account. Like it is with Shippo/PayPal/CP Direct. The UR vs receipt number is because eBay owns the account. Only back up for anyone using eBay labels is to manually enter a second tracking (UR) immediately after creating the label. Issue with that is a buyer seeing 2 distinctly different tracking numbers. Guess really no different than how GSP gets handled. Anyone who buys using GSP has been programmed to the perils and knows what to look for. It's the learning curve for someone who has never used.

From CP's perspective the UR/Reference numbers are ONLY there to make sure a label is not used twice. If it is someone gets billed for the 2nd label. From sellers perspective tracking works in eBay for USA majority of time. A small minority of countries it works in the local mailing system. Too bad it wasn't everywhere!!!!! Parcels routinely get scanned. Why not make the attached info available to parties concerned?

-Lotz

As a sidebar, making CC payments could become most expensive if what is being suggested by Telus (Added fee for processing) gets implemented by everyone else. Shippo you can attach payment to a bank account or CC. Canadapost you cannot. And Canadian sellers do not get access to sometime over the rainbow (2023???) to pending funds like was available in USA several months ago.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I won't use Shippo and for me there is no benefit whether it be eBay, Shippo

or CP Snap Ship labels...I don't ship enough to get any more than Level 1 shipping discount. For Small Packet, I do add the UR# and have never had any issues from my buyers when using that process...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I won't use Shippo and for me there is no benefit whether it be eBay, Shippo

or CP Snap Ship labels...I don't ship enough to get any more than Level 1 shipping discount. For Small Packet, I do add the UR# and have never had any issues from my buyers when using that process...

I've been using Shippo for at least 5 years. Was up to level 2 until the ebay changes kicked in and sales tanked. Billing has no issues. Shippo customer services is heads over tails better compared to the alternative. Have actual contact names for anything serious. I don't like to pay transaction by transaction with CC so only rarely use CP when a special service is required. Sadly which no one seems to correct on the alternative platforms.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Most EU destination countries scan the bar code to get the details about the package.

Even for small packets air?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Ship all the time everywhere and never had an issue like this. 

I once couldn't purchase labels however-- eBay support pointed out I was logged into the .com instead .ca haha 

Hope it's resolved soon. 

Message 15 of 15
latest reply