ebay Sold messages missing from email

I wonder, does this happen always on Thursdays when they do their maintenance? 

Today's SNAFU: No Sold messages from ebay tonight, only PayPal payments received coming through. Sold notices from ebay are MIA. 

Am I alone? Or is this widespread? You may want to watch your Seller Hub dashboard more closely tonight than usual so you don't fall prey to any Late Shipment marks for missing a deadline tomorrow on an item that you didn't know had been bought. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I've never received sales messages from ebay, never. Once upon a time I used to get the little cha-ching notification on the mobile app but I've abandoned those too as being an unnecesary nuisance. The PayPal notices come through just fine, those are all I've ever needed.

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Mine are all missing as well.....

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

I don't have a store on eBay and I always get the emails "Sale confirmed".....

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Just sold something and got the message, none of the MIA ones have showed up though....
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

I am having the opposite problem. When I buy items from other sellers, I am not receiving any confirmation e-mails from PayPal for my purchases. I like to download these for my records. Had to go to PayPal to find them. Probably another glitch.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

No issues lately with the Sold email or Paypal payment, but getting a major lag for the shipment being available in Shippo and all settings are correct. The system has "lost" a few new listing emails but sell similar arrive okay. Would like to know these assorted email issues seem to be a recurring problem?

Image result for random glitch computer problems

-Lotz

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

I’m getting Sold message(s) today just fine but the one missing from last night is still AWOL.

My worry stems from the day when PayPal payment notices are delayed (as happens from time to time) at the same time eBay Sold messages have vanished.
Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Sold messages from overnight are missing again...... maybe we are only getting messages in daylight hours now? 😉
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Oh my gosh, it's as if it's random now.

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

We'll know tonight if it is light related 😉
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Well now we know it isn't light related, still no sale confirmation emails.

Update to the situation though, it appears it is only BINs that is is not working for.

I've been receiving sale confirmations for Auction items that have sold.

Hmmmm.
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

My Sold message(s) are still coming in fine; my last missing one was Thursday. Mind you, I’m not selling like a house-on-fire at the moment so my assessment isn’t exhaustive or completely valid.
Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Hmmm that's interesting.

My experience is the opposite, I've had the best weekend in memorable past (keep in mind I already forget what I had for breakfast).

20 sales so far in the last 2 days.

Of them only 5 messages received:

4 were from Auctions that completed (ALL auction completions are generating messages, sold or unsold)
1 was from a BIN, in the middle of them it came last night

So I've only received 1 message out of the last 16 BINS to complete.

Maybe I'm being forgotten, no store coupon yet either Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

Having the same issue.  Last confirmation email of sold items I received was on January 9.  Since then, absolutely nothing.  Oddly I am receiving all other email confirmations (Listing confirmations, messages from eBay and buyers). 

It is frustrating having to review the dashboard constantly for sales rather than receiving a notification.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

General reply (haven't read the entire thread as I'm getting ready to head out for the night):

Tech has had a scattering of similar reports and is trying to identify a root cause. 

Can you let me know for the items you did not receive notifications for, did they have any offer history, ie, best offer, counteroffer, etc attached? 

I'll take a look at this first thing tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

I have sent a list of item numbers via private message for reference.  Wasn't sure if I should have posted them in this thread

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Thank you, Tyler. Let me do some digging and get back to you with specifics about this. It might be as late as the weekend, sorry, I have some stuff keeping me away from my desk for the next few days. 

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Any news on this?  Still no notifications for sold items for me.

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

Hi @mindbender3 - I haven't actually received a PM via community - will you send them again?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 40
latest reply