how to refund

ttooyy_78
Community Member

I cancelled my order and he already paid threw Paypal and Ebay says my funds will be available on April 2.

So my question is do I have to wait for my funds to refund?

I'm not really good at english.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

how to refund

When you go through the official cancellation process the buyer's payment should be automatically refunded, you shouldn't have to do anything.

Check your PayPal account to see the status of the original payment.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

how to refund

it says "cancellation is pending" so do i just need to wait until he agrees to cancel and he will get refund when he does?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

how to refund

Are you the buyer or the seller?

If you are the seller and you cancelled a transaction that had been paid, had the payment cleared the banking system?

If a payment is backed only by a bank account (instead of a Paypal balance or a credit card) the payment has to "clear" before you, the seller, gets the money.

If you cancel that transaction, the payment still has to clear, then be credited to your Paypal account, then be removed from your PP account and finally be credited back to the buyer.

If you are the buyer and you paid, how did you try to cancel the transaction?

If you opened a Not Received dispute, but the seller has sent the item to you, you will have to return* it to him before you will be refunded.

If you opened a Buyer Remorse/Not As Described dispute, the same is true. The seller is allowed to demand the return of the unwanted item before refunding.

In any case, yes, you have to wait until April 2.  There may be something you have to do then before you are refunded.

If you post in your mother tongue, there may be a member who can help you in that language. Or we can use Google Translate/Babelfish.

I hope my answer is not too complicated. I tried to keep the English simple.

*Do NOT refuse the shipment. This cancels your right to get a refund PLUS the item takes a long time to get back to the seller, since "returned to sender" is not a high priority for the post office.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

how to refund

Thanks for your reply.

I am the seller and I found out that my Paypal email on Ebay was not the one that I used for Paypal. 

I added  a email on Paypal which i used in Ebay but Paypal balance still remains the same. 

What should I do?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

how to refund

I've got a email from Paypal for claiming money by registering with my wrong email address that I putted on Ebay and registered but money hasn't arrived there yet. On Ebay, it's says funds will be available on Apr 2 so do i need to wait till i get my funds to refund?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply